Damon said Weinstein told him the New York Times story would be claiming the Italian executive "had no professional experience". Chastain initially called the account of Damon and Crowe's actions "heart shattering".
Waxman, who then worked for the New York Times, was ultimately unable to publish any allegations relating to Weinstein's sexual behaviour.
Waxman claims that the gutted story could have exposed Weinstein much earlier.
"Uh, never. I don't know, because that's what dictators do".
"More and more people are suggesting that Republicans (and me) should be given Equal Time on T.V. when you look at the one-sided coverage?" he added.
Damon has since tried to clear up the issue, sitting down with Deadline to explain his side of the story. According to the star of the Bourne movies, he did in fact call Waxman, but not to defend Weinstein or deny the accusations that the producer was facing. Kimmel asked, to which Hemsworth responded, "I feel sorry for him".
"That was Harvey's attempt to beat the story back", she said.
And this week, Kimmel while discussing the Las Vegas shooting, saying "it's the kind of thing that makes you want to throw up or give up" while slamming lawmakers for their response to the tragedy. "I was warned from the beginning", she wrote.
"As I recall, her piece just said that Russell and I had called and relayed our experience with Fabrizio", said Damon.
He said: "I was never conscripted to do anything". He also said he was unaware of Weinstein's alleged misconduct. However, the actor did acknowledge that he had heard rumors about them. That's not true. This type of predation happens behind closed doors, and out of public view.
- Amazon gives control over teen spending to parents
- Oculus Rift price cut to £399 for good
- Lufthansa CEO says to sign Air Berlin deal today
- Traders Sell Shares of UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH) on Strength (UNH)
- Nokia 9 with curved glass display and dual rear cameras leaks
- Nanded Municipal Corporation Election Results 2017: Congress takes lead
- Melania Responds to Ivana Trump's Comment That She's the Real First Lady
- Taylor Twellman Is Really Angry USA Missed The 2018 World Cup
- Michelle Wu to host Puerto Rico fundraiser October 14
- Sky takeover probe to focus on media plurality, broadcasting standards