Those wanting to make a video call will be able do so straight from the Phone, Contacts, and Android Messages apps.
The Pixel 2 and 2 XL were announced last week, but with most variants not shipping for a few weeks, those of you pre-ordered one are probably getting a little antsy.
The integrated video calling feature is already rolling out to Pixel, Pixel 2, Android One, and Nexus phones. "We're working with our carrier and device partners to bring this experience to more Android devices over time", said Jan Jedrzejowicz, Product Manager, Phone app at Google in an announcement blog. If the carrier or phone does not support ViLTE, the calls will be routed via Duo App itself. But, Google did not succeed well in bringing the Google Duo into the mainstream smartphone users, so that they had aired a lot of Ads over Television, Internet and even via Billboards.
The app is available to update in Google Play now for free if you haven't checked it out.
So, just how do you make a video call with the new integration?
The video call option will show in the Call History or Search if your phone app is version 13.0 and up.
- ECP issues Imran Khan's non-bailable arrest warrants in contempt case
- This Weeks Target Prices For Investors Real Estate Trust (NYSE:IRET)
- What's Transpiring With Shares of Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE:FRT)?
- EC to announce dates for Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh assembly elections today
- Arsenal defender Skhodran Mustafi ruled out for at least a month
- Orders 166 phones and claims refund
- McDonald's Sauce Promotion Disappoints Fans of 'Rick and Morty'
- Gucci pledges to go fur free in 'huge game-changer'
- Police arrest one accused of Odia techie murder case in Bengaluru
- Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj Murder: Timeline of Case so Far