Waldiman Thompson and his 100-year-old wife, Ethline Thompson, were sitting in their home when a group of unknown intruders broke in and ransacked the place, according to police.
Police responded to the home on Decatur Street around 3:30 in the afternoon after the wife, who managed to free herself, called 911. The official cause of his death has not been determined.
Investigators said they are looking for four male suspects and watching surveillance footage for clues. There wasn't initially any sign of forced entry, though police stressed that the investigation is still in its preliminary stages.
EMS performed CPR on Waldiman before rushing him to Interfaith Hospital where he was declared deceased at 4:20 p.m.
Paul Peterson told NBC4 he saw Ethlin fleeing the home and screaming for help. Her injuries are not considered to be serious.
HIs wife, Ethlin Thompson, was treated for superficial marks to her legs and arms, made by being ted up. While the thieves rummaged through the home, the frail Ethlin somehow escaped her bonds and ran from the house.
"She said somebody just tied me and my husband up and robbed us and said please use your phone", he said. They are 91 and 100 years old. "They are good people". They're nice pleasant people! "They went out a lot".
- U.S. pulls out of United Nations cultural organization
- Traders Sell Shares of UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH) on Strength (UNH)
- MSC containership, other grounded vessels, refloated in Port of Durban
- Pakistan's army frees Western hostages held by Taliban for years
- Romania's annual inflation rate reaches highest level in four years
- Russian Federation may demand USA to reduce diplomats to 300 or fewer
- Talwars Acquitted In Daughter Aarushi's Murder By Allahabad High Court
- Michelle Wu to host Puerto Rico fundraiser October 14
- LLC Raises Stake in JetBlue Airways Co. (JBLU)
- Taylor Twellman Is Really Angry USA Missed The 2018 World Cup