It's a transfer saga which seems to be taking a new turn every day.
The prospect of losing the £42.5million signing from Real Madrid on a free transfer is too much for Wenger to contemplate with Alexis Sanchez also running down his deal.
Paris Saint Germain have always been linked with a move for the player in a transfer which would surely make for better reading amongst Arsenal fans than a switch to their Premier League rivals.
Winterburn said: "You want a happy Sanchez, but personally I couldn't care less if he's happy or not, as long as he produces the performances", "I've said this all along".
The same article states that Arsene Wenger is ready to move to sign the 29-year-old in the event that Ozil and Sanchez both decide to leave the north London club before the 2018-19 season.
"It would be nice if he joined us".
With the uncertainty over the future of Edinson Cavani at PSG Sanchez may be an option for the Ligue 1 side in the next summer window, and they are likely to be in the mix to land the attacker.
The Frenchman told reporters: "I will have to speak to him". Arsenal are now six points off the Premier League leaders after signing just two players this summer - striker Alexandre Lacazette and left-back Sead Kolasinac.
- SpaceX launches third pre-flown rocket with EchoStar-SES satellite, lands booster
- British IS recruiter Sally-Anne Jones 'killed in air strike'
- Scientists Baffled By Recurring Hole In Antarctica
- Jordan Brand ending Carmelo Anthony's signature-shoe line
- Hamas, Fatah reach Palestinian reconciliation deal
- Trump again blasts Iran nuke deal as certification decision looms
- Sells 418 Shares of EOG Resources Inc (EOG)
- India Qualifies for 2019 Asian Cup After Win Against Macau
- Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj Murder: Timeline of Case so Far
- Fox, Nike Among Biggest Losers After US Fails To Reach World Cup