As someone who spent countless hours in the first dust map, I'd want something to change for Dust2 but not too much that it'll change the entire map layout. Valve completed an entire overhaul of the new map including updated textures with the aim of improving movement and visuals for players.
If you're interested in trying out the new Dust II you'll need to opt into beta which takes you to a version of CS:GO which available in the public test realm, or PTR. Wednesday, Valve made a decision to blow some dust off of Dust II and give it a new spitshine with a whole new map rework.
"We set out to refine it further rather than performing a wholesale redesign", the company said.
Here's what Valve said about one change to bomb site A, where the broken-down cars in that area have been merged into one.
The broken down vehicle on the site has been moved to make it easier to get behind, the famous "window" looking down on the middle of the map has been widened, while the section of tunnels that approaches the bomb site has had parts of the roof smashed away so that more light floods in. The map's pizza parlours have been removed, replaced by dentist's offices.
"Experienced players will now not have to worry about whether they're going to get hung up and newbs won't wonder if they're going to get burned", Valve explained.
Dust 2's update also comes with updates to player models.
The most noticeable update to Dust II is the graphical improvement over the previous CS:GO iteration.
- Spirit Realty Capital, Inc. (NYSE:SRC) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- India's Ashish Nehra set to retire from global cricket, say media reports
- Favorite Halloween sweets of the Carolinas
- Two dead, 15 admitted as five storey building collapses in Kisii
- Wal-Mart, airlines lift U.S. stocks back into record range
- TRENDING: Mother bear and cubs make special delivery to a pizza joint
- Analyst Ideas For Two Stocks: Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST), Netflix, Inc. (NFLX)
- Minnesota Timberwolves Sign Andrew Wiggins to Contract Extension
- Red Sox fire manager Farrell after five seasons
- Wear Purple on October 19 to Raise Awareness of Relationship Violence