A one-time singer in a female punk rock band, Jones travelled to Syria in 2013 to be with her Islamic husband, Junaid Hussain, an Isis hacker who was killed by a U.S. drone in August 2015.
For more than three years Jones has been the world's most wanted female terrorist.
There haven't been many tears shed for Ms Jones, A Whitehall source told The Sun: "The Americans zapped her trying to get away from Raqqa".
It remains unclear if her 12-year old son survived the strike.
It is not known if her son was with her.
Jones was killed close to the border between Syria and Iraq by a US Air Force strike in June, according to The Sun.
Jones had been a single mother-of-two living on benefits when she met her future husband, then 19, online and became besotted with him.
He was killed by a USA drone in 2015, and had allegedly been planning "barbaric attacks against the West", including terror plots targeting "high profile public commemorations" this summer.
Jones had been going under the name Umm Hussain al-Britani, and issued threats against the United Kingdom from her twitter account, urging Muslim women to launch terrorist attacks during Ramadan.
Once a punk rocker, Jones, dubbed "White Widow", had fled to Syria with her son in 2013 before becoming a recruiter for the Daesh group.
United States intelligence officers also blame her for publishing a list of 1,300 U.S. military personnel's details, believed to have been hacked by her husband, for Isis militants to target.
"Isil wants another famous Briton to boost their credentials", the activist said.
- Scientists Baffled By Recurring Hole In Antarctica
- Martinez: Fellaini injury won't sour relationship with Mourinho
- Enterprise Products Partners L. (NYSE:EPD) Experiences Lighter than Average Trading Volume
- Traders Sell Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) on Strength Following Analyst Downgrade
- Celsion Corporation (NASDAQ:CLSN) Moving Aggressively - Up by 25.00%
- Australia jet and navy data stolen in 'extensive' hack
- Fox, Nike Among Biggest Losers After US Fails To Reach World Cup
- Jordan Brand ending Carmelo Anthony's signature-shoe line
- Sells 418 Shares of EOG Resources Inc (EOG)
- 'Las Vegas part two'? NY man arrested for threat