It would be great wouldn't it?
"Ever since our creation, Virgin has been known for disruption and investing in innovative companies".
Virgin's plan is to focus on using Hyperloop One to transport passengers and cargo.
'From our airlines to our trains to our spaceline, we have always been passionate about innovation in transport too, especially the development of technology that could transform people's lives. This is just the latest example.
Its tracks use magnetic levitation and the pod glides at airline speeds for long distances.
Shervin Pishevar, co-founder and executive chairman of Hyperloop One, said the partnership "feels like a natural fit".
During phase two of testing, the duration of the longest test was 10.6 seconds - with a top speed of 310kmh.
Hyperloop One, which has previously raised more than $160 million, is working to develop a pod system that can travel at up to 750 miles per hour with better safety than passenger jets, and lower build and maintenance costs than high-speed trains.
The maximum distance travelled was 436m, with a peak acceleration of 1.48G (0-100km/h in 1.85 seconds).
Resembling a latter-day Johann Sebastian Bach lost in Margaritaville, Branson has chose to add high-speed tubes to his portfolio of transit companies already in the Virgin Group, which includes two regular-speed train divisions, Virgin Atlantic (planes), and Virgin Galactic (commercial space flight, eventually). The company's vision is for the magnetic-based system to be used as a major mode of transport between cities, eventually reaching speeds of around 760mph, and potentially connecting London to Edinburgh in 50 minutes.
Branson said: "The total "DevLoop" tube length is 500 metres and the tube's diameter is 3.3 metres".
- Matt Damon ruins Jimmy Kimmel's interview with Chris Hemsworth
- MSC containership, other grounded vessels, refloated in Port of Durban
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal's iconic blue WagonR stolen in capital
- Irish High Court finally approves Apple's Athenry data centre
- Bharti Airtel to acquire Tata's consumer mobile business
- Paris Saint-Germain chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi subject of criminal proceedings
- Apple is working on folding iPhone 'which could transform into an iPad'
- Warm again today, spotty rain Friday
- Southwest Airlines Announces Intention To Serve Hawaii
- Bank of America Corp (BAC) EPS Estimated At $0.47