Ethereum tokens, the second largest digital currency, were up about 2%, and bitcoin cash - an alternative formed by early bitcoin developers gone rogue - had gained close to 3%. High Bitcoin transactions show the high levels of interests the public has on Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the biggest and most popular cryptocurrency. In the last week alone, for instance, one bitcoin has ranged from Thursday's high of more than $5,200 to a low of about $4,200.
Jordan Hiscott, the chief trader at Ayondo Markets, said: "The returns are truly remarkable, especially given the recent ban on bitcoin trading in China, where demand had previously accounted for at least 10% of all global volumes".
This week, Russian Federation has announced the regulation of digital currencies, as President Vladimir Putin said the instrument has significant financial risks. And last month, JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon called the currency a "fraud" that will "blow up".
- Financial analysts warn of an impending price bubble.
But after dipping below US$3000 in mid-September, bitcoin has leapt in value by more than 75 per cent in four weeks.
According to data from SEMrush, a search engine data analytics company found the price had a 91% correlation with Google searches surrounding bitcoin, suggesting news surrounding the cryptocurrency increases the valuation of Bitcoin.
"It is folly to think that bitcoin will ever be allowed to supplant central-bank-issued money", he wrote in The Guardian.
"People are just wanting to be part of it", said Ryan Nettles, head of FX trading and market strategy at Swiss bank Swissquote, which launched bitcoin trading two months ago. "Individuals are already able to transact electronically using a plastic card".
- Vaani Kapoor joins Hrithik-Tiger's YRF's next thriller
- Honest Ways To pick this stock: Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO)
- Samsung Has Made a Darth Vader Vacuum For Cleaning Rebel Scum
- Breaking Bad house owners build fence after pizza stunts
- Southwest Airlines Announces Intention To Serve Hawaii
- Eminem looks to "stomp" Trump with lyrical tirade
- U.S. pulls out of United Nations cultural organization
- Bandipora encounter: two LeT militants killed; two IAF personnel martyred
- Are Hedge Funds Betting Against Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. (AXTA)?
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal's iconic blue WagonR stolen in capital