The new accounts for teens on Amazon allow parents to control their teen's purchasing while still giving them access to their own benefits.
Amazon wants to attract teenage shoppers with a new feature that lets them shop without their parents.
Parents can provide a set allowance for shopping on Amazon using the service.
When making purchases, teens can even add a note to their parents, such as "I need this book for school". Overall, she sees it as a positive for parents and teens. Continuing, "For teens who have a parent with a Prime membership, they can also access Prime benefits at no additional cost, including fast, free shipping, Prime Video and gaming benefits with Twitch Prime".
A Household allows you to connect and share Amazon benefits with the whole family.
The requests are sent via text or email, and include a message from the teen - for example: "please please buy this for me Mom!" - and parents can approve or reject it instantly. The kid then receives an invite and they choose their own username and password. Teens will now be able to buy things using those accounts in the Amazon app. We've listened to families and have built a great experience for both teens and parents.
The new Amazon accounts are for teens between the ages of 13 and 17. This should work out good for parents and kids. In the past, this is the money teens may have spent at the mall instead. Amazon is trying to replicate that feeling for the digital generation.
Opportunities existing in e-commerce have obviously made it hard for traditional retailers to attract teen shoppers, who tend to have indecisive tastes and are notoriously unpredictable.
- Michelle Wu to host Puerto Rico fundraiser October 14
- Tillerson Expresses 'Profound Concern' About Turkey's Detention Of US Employees
- Hurricane Ophelia moving at crawl in northeastern Atlantic
- What's Transpiring With Shares of Federal Realty Investment Trust (NYSE:FRT)?
- Orders 166 phones and claims refund
- Apple is working on folding iPhone 'which could transform into an iPad'
- Gucci pledges to go fur free in 'huge game-changer'
- EC to announce dates for Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh assembly elections today
- ECP issues Imran Khan's non-bailable arrest warrants in contempt case
- Melania Responds to Ivana Trump's Comment That She's the Real First Lady