The ex of a University of Pittsburgh understudy whose father discovered her dead in her loft was captured in SC after a tipster called police, experts said. "Officers responded to the scene, initiated an investigation, identified Darby and come to know he was wanted for murder in your jurisdiction".
Matthew Darby, 21, has been charged with homicide and was arrested in Myrtle Beach Wednesday morning. He additionally faces charges that incorporate manslaughter, robbery, having instruments of wrongdoing, burglary and flight to maintain a strategic distance from dread in association with the demise of Sheykhet - who was discovered dead Sunday when her stressed father kicked in her room entryway.
CrimeOnline also reported that Sheykhet had filed a protection order against Darby after he was arrested for allegedly attempting to break into her home last month.
Darby's parents had begged him to surrender in a statement read by his lawyer earlier Tuesday. She wrote that Darby climbed up the gutter of her home and broke in through the second-floor window. She also described past incidents of "grabbing, pushing" and "emotional abuse". Darby was arrested September 26 and posted the $10,000 bail - but that bail was revoked for a violation of bail release conditions on Sunday, the day Sheykhet was found dead.
He pleaded not guilty and posted a $10,000 (£7,500) bail in that case in March.
A memorial sits outside the Cable Place residence where Pitt student Alina Sheykhet was found dead Sunday in an apparent homicide. "There is no continued threat to Oakland residents and the university communities", Pittsburgh Police Chief Scott Schubert said at the time.
"We are pleading with you to contact your attorney", he said. "The University Counseling Center will be open for walk-in appointments beginning Monday and can be reached around the clock at 412-648-7930".
- LIC makes Rs8,000 crore bid in GIC Re IPO
- Minnesota Timberwolves Sign Andrew Wiggins to Contract Extension
- Choosing Between The Charles Schwab Corporation (SCHW) and CME Group Inc. (CME)
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Premieres in November on Amazon
- Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW)
- Supreme Court must probe Jay Shah deals, says Congress
- Qualcomm Fined Record $773 Million in Taiwan Antitrust Probe
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Trump's Obamacare cure is worse than the disease
- Aamir Khan's Dangal wins 2017's highest grossing foreign language in Australia
- Celsion Corporation (NASDAQ:CLSN) Moving Aggressively - Up by 25.00%