May 17: Hemraj was found dead on the terrace of the Talwar residence.
The Allahabad High Court is expected to deliver its verdict today on an appeal filed by Rajesh and Nupur Talwar challenging a CBI court order convicting them for the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj in 2008.
As per reports, the court is likely to re-evaluate the testimony of key witnesses after the defence had accused the prosecution of tutoring them.
For those who still don't know who is Aarushi Talwar and why she is in the news, here is who she was: on the morning of May 16, 2008, soon-to-turn 14-year-old was found dead in the bedroom of her house in Jalvayu Vihar, Noida. But a day later, his body was found on the terrace of the Talwar's apartment block.Retired police officer KK Gautam claimed he discovered Hemraj's body, which had begun to decompose, on the terrace , As Reported By Hindustan Times.
May 18: Preliminary investigation for the situation proposed the killings were conducted with clinical precision and an inside activity was suspected.
December 29: CBI files a closure report citing "insufficient evidence". A day after their conviction, the couple were awarded life sentence by a special CBI court in Ghaziabad on November 26, 2013.
Feb 9: Ghaziabad court took cognizance of the CBI report; Talwar couple charged with Aarushi's murder and destruction of evidence.
January 25: Rajesh Talwar was assaulted in the premises of Ghaziabad court.
Feb 15-20: Narco-analysis tests on Rajesh Talwar was done between February 15 to February 20.
June 25: Second lie detection test conducted on Nupur Talwar. Clean chit was given to the servants but suspected the Talwar couple of the double murder.
March 18, 2011:The Allahabad High Court dismisses the plea.
The family members and the close friends are also hoping that the verdict of the court will be declared in the favor of Rajesh and Nupur so that they get relief from life imprisonment. Domestic help Hemraj, a Nepali, suspected of murder.
The Allahabad High Court will pronounce the judgment in the double murder case four years after Aarushi's parents were convicted for the killing of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj.
May 6: Trial court dismisses Talwar's petition for summoning 14 witnesse.
The nation is waiting for the verdict of the Allahabad High Court in the rare case that jolted the country.
- Catalonia: Spain celebrates National Day amid political turmoil
- Scientists Baffled By Recurring Hole In Antarctica
- Reliance Jio's new plan offers 100 per cent cashback on Rs 399
- Anthony Martial 'Happy' To Reject Arsenal
- British IS recruiter Sally-Anne Jones 'killed in air strike'
- District Attorney Defends Decision Not to Prosecute Harvey Weinstein
- Police arrest one accused of Odia techie murder case in Bengaluru
- 'Las Vegas part two'? NY man arrested for threat
- Martinez: Fellaini injury won't sour relationship with Mourinho
- SpaceX launches third pre-flown rocket with EchoStar-SES satellite, lands booster