"We just qualified and people will say we have time, while some we say we don't have time", Ekpo who won bronze with Nigeria at the Senegal 1992 Africa Cup of Nations told Completesportsnigeria.com.
"It's a great team, but invitations and team tactics though depends on the coaches", the former Abia Warriors player stated.
"We should be looking at how we can improve from the country's past records at the World Cup".
Nigeria manager, Gernot Rohr has revealed he is elated working with the Super Eagles, after the three-time African champions became the first African country to qualify for the Russian Federation 2018 FIFA World Cup on Saturday.
Here are the reactions from some players.
"I know that we have the last group match against Algeria next month, but NFF officials should not give that as reasons for not starting early plans for the team ahead of the World Cup". It will be a wonderful experience.
While we're still hyped about what will be the Super Eagles' sixth appearance at the World Cup, it's only safe to ask, "What next?" To me I honestly would love us to face Portugal.
Daniel Akpeyi - The World Cup is something you want to enjoy till maybe the final game, so avoiding the strong teams won't be bad, but I will love us to face Argentina, we need to avenge the pain they have inflicted on us in the past.
Ekpo however went on to thank everybody who made qualification for the World Cup a possibility.
- Michigan State Spartans vs Minnesota Golden Gophers, 10/14/2017
- AccorHotels Makes $930 Million Bid for Australia's Mantra Group
- Ukraine, Turkey sign several agreements on cooperation, including contracts in defense sphere
- Las Vegas gunman shot security guard before firing on concertgoers
- Gareth Bale pleads with Chris Coleman to stay
- Ivana Trump: Scandal Cost Trump White House 20 Years Ago
- Major League Baseball playoffs: Three takeaways from Red Sox's series-saving win over Astros
- U.S. 'pretending' to fight Islamic State in Iraq, says Russian Federation
- Mercedes-Benz Puts Wonder Woman and Batman Behind the Wheel
- Which Analysts Are Watching Equifax, Inc. (NYSE:EFX)?