The vacation rental was located on Longboat Key and it was an IN couple, staying at the rental last month that first noticed they were being watched by a hidden camera and microphone positioned IN the smoke alarm above the bed. He took it down and realized that that black hole was a camera recording onto an SD card.
Police have recovered pictures and videos from a vacation rental in Florida that had hidden cameras pointing directly at the bed. The company said they have permanently banned him from the site.
As to the author of this high-tech peeping-tom escapade, authorities turned to 56-year-old Wayne Natt, who owns the home and has been renting it through Airbnb for the past 2 years.
Last month, an IN man and his wife were staying at a Longboat Key condo they found on Airbnb at 623 Cedars Court.
Police have already seized hard drives, computers, and SD cards. However, police say the cameras can be operated remotely and they recovered numerous video files, including one of the IN couple who sounded the alarm.
They are now going through the data to see if local victims dating Natt were also recorded without consent as well as prior Airbnb customers.
Airbnb told ABC News that Natt had an account on their website for two years, and had at least 40 reviews.
"My wife and I are distressed by this situation", Starnes told the TV station.
There was also a similar smoke detector in the unit's living room, WFLA reports.
Starnes knows the camera captured him naked in the master bedroom and he's wondering where that video is now. "I hope more victims will come forward", Starnes said.
"He says that everyone videoed had knowledge he was videoing them", Bourque said. "And his answer was - for a better angle", said Lt. Bourque.
Natt told police in a statement that it was for sex parties he hosted at the home, ABC Action News reported. "What we said to that was, 'If people are consenting to recording sexual activity why is it hidden in a smoke alarm?' He said it was for recording sexual activity".
"Our team has reached out to local law enforcement to aid them with their investigation of this egregious offense and we hope justice is served", Airbnb officials said.
The statement went on to say that Airbnb takes "privacy issues extremely seriously".
Police urging anyone who rented from Natt on Airbnb or was inside his condo to contact them.
- Western Digital Corp (NASDAQ:WDC) Stock Price While Sentiment Increases
- Years after sanctioning passive euthanasia, Indian judiciary debates "living will"
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj Helps Russian Tourist Begging For Alms
- Shooter at Las Vegas Music Festival Lived in North Texas
- Liverpool could sell Coutinho in January
- Next Weeks Broker Price Targets For PayPal (NASDAQ:PYPL)
- Chelsea react to Charly Musonda's outburst
- NEIPDA extends support to petro dealers' strike
- Earth to witness asteroid swingby over the southern sky on Thursday
- Facebook bans rapper Lil B for alleged hate speech via posts