"Our approach to this problem has been very strict: we have dismissed several thousand of imams from mosques for extremism, we modernize our educational system in order to rule out the possibility of misinterpretation of texts", al-Jubeir said.
The deal includes contracts to purchase Russian advanced S-400 air defence systems, the Kornet Anti-Tank Missile systems, TOS-1 A rocket launchers, IGS-30 grenade launchers and AK- 103 Kalashnikov machine guns, Saudi Press Agency, SPA reported.
"THAAD's exo-atmospheric, hit-to-kill capability will add an upper-tier to Saudi Arabia's layered missile defense architecture".
The Kremlin had announced early Monday that it is in the middle of serious talks with Saudi Arabia over Russian Federation supplying Saudi Arabia with advanced S-400 air defense missile systems. It is the first visit of a Saudi monarch to visit Mr Putin.
The THAAD - which has already been supplied to Saudi Arabia's neighbors Qatar and the United Arab Emirates - is one of the most capable defensive missile batteries in the U.S. arsenal and comes equipped with an advanced radar system.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov, on a conference call with reporters, was responding to a question about whether a decision by the US State Department to approve the possible sale of a THAAD anti-missile defense system, worth $15b, to Saudi Arabia might affect the Russian deal, Reuters reported.
"This proposed sale will support the foreign policy and national security objectives of the United States by improving the security of a friendly country", the statement read.
Washington deployed THAAD, which is used to guard against ballistic-missile attacks, to South Korea this year for defense against North Korea.
- UP government plans to build 100-meter tall Ram statue in Ayodhya
- Las Vegas shooting: Stephen Paddock shot security guard minutes before killing 58
- Microsoft Inks a Deal for Wind Power from GE in Ireland
- Huawei Quietly Launches Android Oreo Beta Program For Mate 9
- Pradhan reiterates need for 'responsible crude pricing' to OPEC chief
- Delta Air Lines shares fly lower ahead of third quarter results
- Chargers end nine-game losing streak, Giants remain winless
- Jio Payments Bank reportedly launching in December this year
- Rob Kardashian's Ex Adrienne Bailon Addresses Kylie Jenner's Pregnancy
- Maharashtra, Gujarat cut Value-Added Tax on petrol and diesel