President Donald Trump's interview with former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was chock full of some truly jaw-dropping moments, such as the president describing how Puerto Ricans begged for him to throw those "beautiful soft towels" at them and clarifying his health care policy.
Trump also said he had been treated unfairly by the media over relief efforts and said his response compared to that of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
With a week almost passing, investigators are starting to form a picture of Paddock.
Mike Huckabee landed Donald Trump for the first installment of his Christian network talk show and it was a love fest for the man who employs the Huckster's daughter as press secretary. They said, 'Throw 'em to me! "Throw 'em to me Mr. President!'" Trump said, before pantomiming shooting a basketball in the same way he tossed the paper towels.
Trump has often used the term "fake news" in reference to unflattering media coverage of his campaign and presidency, and his remarks to Huckabee come as he defends his administration and himself concerning criticism after his trip to Puerto Rico last week. "And I came in and there was a crowd of a lot people". "I guess other people have used it, perhaps, over the years, but I've never noticed it".
"The media, though, complained the next day that it was "'so disrespectful to the people, '" said Trump. During one encounter with storm victims, the president helped distribute paper towels by tossing them like basketballs into the crowd.
Trump also continued with his strategy of doubling down on his bad decisions.
'And they really hurt the country because they take away the spirit of the country'.
The sight of Trump throwing paper towels to the crowd was "terrible and abominable", Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz said.
- Mike Pence leaves National Football League game after players kneel during anthem
- The Chargers Gave The Giants Two Points
- Bengals overcome turnovers to beat Bills 20-16
- 'US will continue to put pressure on North Korea'
- Relief drive for Puerto Rico packs thousands of meals, bottled water
- "Blade Runner 2049" Disappoints, Still Comfortably Leads US Friday Box Office
- Browns bench DeShone Kizer, immediately score but still lose
- Bloom resigns as lawyer for embattled movie mogul Weinstein
- Brady throws for 303 yards, Patriots hold off Bucs 19-14
- WSU finally hits the road