Alderweireld is one of the best central defenders in the world and has established himself as a key figure in the current Tottenham team over the past two seasons.
Alderweireld and Vertonghen are both Belgium international's as well as starters for Mauricio Pochettino's Spurs, meaning they spend nearly all their time on a football pitch together.
The 28-year-old Antwerp-born Belgium worldwide is adamant he is relaxed over the lack of progress in agreeing new contract terms for Mauricio Pochettino's side.
Alderweireld told Sky Sports: "I had a good conversation with the manager". You can see I'm happy there, and I try to help the team, and that's the way I always play football.
Vertonghen could become the country's most capped player if he plays in both upcoming World Cup Qualifiers against Bosnia & Herzegovina on Saturday and then Cyprus on Tuesday.
Despite the absence of a new contract being offered his way, Alderweireld insists he is happy at the club and thinking purely of helping the club achieve their aims over the course of the season.
The player's agent is reported to have also said that he must be paid more if the North London club wishes to keep him for the long -term.
'The rest, I don't know, we will see about that'. "Hopefully, we can celebrate it", Alderweireld added.
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Friday Fact or Fiction for Week 5
- Investors Real Estate Trust Sha (NYSE:IRET) Experiences Light Trading Volume
- Steph Curry dropped 40 points in the Warriors blowout of the Wolves
- Fire department kicks of Fire Prevention Week today
- With no elaboration, Trump talks of 'calm before the storm'
- More Disturbing Details Emerge About The Las Vegas Shooter
- IO Interactive to make a Hitman announcement on October 24
- Pence leaves Colts game after protest during anthem
- Dove Soap Ad: Advertisement Criticized as Racist
- Irish top North Carolina