Alderweireld is one of the best central defenders in the world and has established himself as a key figure in the current Tottenham team over the past two seasons.
Alderweireld and Vertonghen are both Belgium international's as well as starters for Mauricio Pochettino's Spurs, meaning they spend nearly all their time on a football pitch together.
The 28-year-old Antwerp-born Belgium worldwide is adamant he is relaxed over the lack of progress in agreeing new contract terms for Mauricio Pochettino's side.
Alderweireld told Sky Sports: "I had a good conversation with the manager". You can see I'm happy there, and I try to help the team, and that's the way I always play football.
Vertonghen could become the country's most capped player if he plays in both upcoming World Cup Qualifiers against Bosnia & Herzegovina on Saturday and then Cyprus on Tuesday.
Despite the absence of a new contract being offered his way, Alderweireld insists he is happy at the club and thinking purely of helping the club achieve their aims over the course of the season.
The player's agent is reported to have also said that he must be paid more if the North London club wishes to keep him for the long -term.
'The rest, I don't know, we will see about that'. "Hopefully, we can celebrate it", Alderweireld added.
- Green Bay Packers vs. Dallas Cowboys Odds, Analysis, NFL Betting Pick
- Fire department kicks of Fire Prevention Week today
- Metro Atlanta under tropical storm watch as Nate approaches
- Dove Soap Ad: Advertisement Criticized as Racist
- Trump tweets more criticism of former ally, Republican senator Corker
- United States calls for stricter gun regulations after Vegas shooting
- Sky Bet Price Boost Chris Eubank Jr to win in Rnds 1
- No. 7 Michigan seeks revenge against rival Michigan State
- Cubs' John Lackey likely to pitch out of bullpen in NLDS
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2017: 5 best lifestyle tips to prevent disease