Eubank started the stronger man, and emphatically ended the fight just one minute and 58 seconds into the third round, flooring Yildirim with a powerful left hook.
Yildirim weighed in on the 12st limit and Eubank Jr at 11st 13lbs. Eubank's record is developing nicely and he's not afraid to fight his own way, displaying slick moves and high-volume punching since his one and only defeat to WBO Middleweight Champion, Billy Joe Saunders, but he will know that sterner tests are ahead when he steps in to the ring for the WBSS semi-final, touted for early 2018. "There were saboteurs and we were triumphant", Eubank Sr said.
In fairness, it looked like Yildirim woke up when he hit the canvas and he was struggling to regain his feet when the referee sensibly waved it off. On Saturday I will terminate Yildirim, the so-called Turkish Rambo.
Eubank Jr, the IBO champion, maintained his momentum from a strong start when the Turk was nearly felled by a right upper cut in the opening round, dropping to his knee before taking a standing count. The Eubank and Yildirim fight and this week's fight are all part of the bold World Boxing Super Series; the victor at Wembley has to fight Eubank Jr in the semi-final in January or February next year.
Groves meets Jamie Cox in one of the four super-middleweight quarter-finals, exclusively live on ITV Box Office at a price of £9.99, on Saturday (October 14) at the SSE Arena in Wembley, London, with the victor set for a highly-anticipated showdown with Eubank Jr. "I can't wait to get started in this awesome tournament". "I am sending a message out there that I am coming", Eubank said after the bout.
- Metro Atlanta under tropical storm watch as Nate approaches
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Friday Fact or Fiction for Week 5
- New York City's Andrea Pirlo to retire at end of MLS season
- Justice League Trailer Teaser
- Iran warns United States against declaring Revolutionary Guards as terrorist group
- Puerto Rico death toll not like 'real catastrophe' Katrina
- Las Vegas shooter booked hotel during Lollapalooza
- Hatton in control at Dunhill Link
- BJP defends Amit Shah's son; Rs 100 cr defamation suit to be
- No. 7 Michigan seeks revenge against rival Michigan State