Ontario's Special Investigations Unit says the driver was 15-year-old Nathan Wehrle, of Cambridge, and his passenger was 16-year-old Taryn Hewitt, of London.
The vehicle was being pursued by officers following a report of a "possible" abduction or assault of a female at about 9:30 a.m.in Cambridge.
A teenage girl from London and her boyfriend were killed Thursday when a vehicle being chased by police slammed into a transport truck.
They say police pursued the vehicle and a short time later, it slammed into a truck, killing the two occupants of the auto.
"Stealing cars was his thing", she said.
No other injures were reported.
The auto driven by Wehrle and Hewitt was stolen, according to Monica Hudon, communications coordinator of the SIU...
One woman who was in the area at the time told CTV News that she saw a red vehicle parked on the wrong side of King, with a man and a woman inside.
Wehrle's sister, Chloe, told CP24 her brother "would never trap somebody". "Ever since he was a kid he would just spend all of his birthday money on his friends".
"There was nothing else that he would rather do than make somebody else happy", she said Friday.
The SIU, which probes deaths and serious injuries involving police, continues to investigate.
Ontario's Special Investigations Unit was called in, as is protocol any time there's an allegation of sexual assault or a person is seriously injured or killed when dealing with police in the province.
Waterloo Regional Police have turned their internal investigation into it over to the OPP. Michael Haffner said Friday.
- Bandai Namco Entertainment announces God Eater 3
- Trump tweets more criticism of former ally, Republican senator Corker
- Iran warns United States against declaring Revolutionary Guards as terrorist group
- Ronaldo inspires Portugal to 2-0 victory
- Metro Atlanta under tropical storm watch as Nate approaches
- TFN Review: Star Wars Made Easy By Christian Blauvelt From DK
- Panchkula violence: IPS officer reinstated by Haryana govt
- Gal Gadot kisses Kate McKinnon in SNL spoof
- United States calls for stricter gun regulations after Vegas shooting
- New York City's Andrea Pirlo to retire at end of MLS season