After his experience from Saturday night, he likely will be saying even less.
"He's just looking for an opportunity", said La Canfora.
Jason La Canfora said in a series of tweets on Sunday that he was relaying previous reporting about Kaepernick and did not ask whether the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback would sit or stand during the anthem.
Colin Kaepernick, the former 49ers quarterback who started the protest of kneeling during the national anthem before NFL games, told CBS he'll stand during the anthem if given a chance to play in the NFL again. "He's planning on standing for the anthem- if given the opportunity".
That contention sparked a strong online reaction, which has echoed by Kaepernick.
Donald Trump has criticized players who protest during the anthem
Kaepernick kneeled during the national anthem last season to bring more attention to the killings of black men by police officers. The claim: The issue of whether the Kaepernick would stand or kneel for the anthem wasn't discussed with La Canfora, at all.
This makes the whole thing even more weird.
Prior reports have indicated that Kaepernick will stand for the anthem in 2017, but circumstances have changed significantly since then.
But Kaepernick's greatest influence seemed to come at the start of this season even though he himself has not been signed yet to a team after President Donald Trump at a campaign-style rally in Alabama slammed National Football League players who participate in the protest. Kaepernick does on-field work and throws hundreds of passes for several hours a day at an undisclosed location in New Jersey.
- Cubs' John Lackey likely to pitch out of bullpen in NLDS
- Trump tweets more criticism of former ally, Republican senator Corker
- No clear motive yet in Vegas shooting
- Dove Soap Ad: Advertisement Criticized as Racist
- IO Interactive to make a Hitman announcement on October 24
- Pence leaves Colts game after protest during anthem
- Steph Curry dropped 40 points in the Warriors blowout of the Wolves
- 22 dead in central America, as tropical storm Nate pummels through
- Sky Bet Price Boost Chris Eubank Jr to win in Rnds 1
- With no elaboration, Trump talks of 'calm before the storm'