The latest 24-hour strike affecting Southern train services started this morning (Tuesday October 3).
Rail replacement buses to run between Hunts Cross and Liverpool South Parkway and Hunts Cross and Moorfields.
"The majority of available trains will operate between 7am and 7pm, with services on some routes finishing earlier".
"Due to industrial action affecting Merseyrail train services on customers wishing to travel into Liverpool city centre are advised to change at Upton and to take the Arriva No 437 bus into Liverpool".
Most services will run between the hours of 7am and 7pm.
He said: 'The RMT has now targeted these as an opportunity to double up the inconvenience for passengers by staging two further strikes'.
Staff on Merseyrail, Arriva Rail North and Greater Anglia are also walking out.
RMT general secretary Mick Cash said: "These strikes are about putting the safety and security of the travelling public before the profits of private companies, profits that in the most part are shipped overseas to subsidise transport services in Europe and China".
Southern Rail says it will attempt to run a normal service on most of its routes.
"My concerns that you are sabotaging deals from being made are reinforced by the fact that not long before your became prime minister the Southern dispute was in its infancy and entirely resolvable while three companies, TransPennine Express, East Coast and Great Western all in fact made acceptable proposals that would allow for the introduction of new modern trains, whilst at the same time retaining the guard", it continued. And we will deliver it, ' he said.
Talks aimed at averting a strike by Tube drivers have been adjourned and will resume today.
Rail minister Paul Maynard said: "The RMT should stop using passengers as pawns in their political game, call off this strike action and return to talks".
'It's not about safety either as the independent regulator has ruled that driver-controlled trains are safe'.
RMT Union members will walk out again on Thursday.
- We had no problem when Coutinho returned to Liverpool squad: Wijnaldum
- Candle light vigil honors those affected by domestic violence
- Eagles at Chargers: Highlights, score and recap
- Refunds in Question After Fall Ball Goes On Without Lil Wayne
- Ferrari woes continue as Raikkonen retires from Malaysian GP
- Marcus Rashford: 'England setup better now than under Roy Hodgson'
- Manchester United will reportedly try sign Mesut Ozil in January
- Celebrities react to Vegas shooting
- 'SNL's' Michael Che Slams Trump's Puerto Rico Response
- Ben McAdoo wants explanation on two potentially game-changing calls