Police say Paddock, who fired from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, killed himself before SWAT officer breached his room, where he'd been staying since Thursday.
The gunman was identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock of Mesquite, Nevada, a city of about 17,000 residents about an hour northeast of Las Vegas off Interstate 15 near the Arizona border. One Bakersfield Police Department officer was struck by a bullet from the active shooter and is being treated at a Las Vegas hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Mike Matthews, the Manhattan Beach Unified School District Superintendent, said she will be remembered for her sense of humor, passion for her work and devotion to her students.
Police officials said at least four department employees attended the country music festival over the weekend, and two were injured.
The shooting and subsequent stampede left at least 58 people dead, Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said Monday morning.
One of the unidentified employees was listed in critical condition. The second is in stable condition.
According to the Breeze, Duarte worked as a fan-services associate for the Los Angeles Kings.
Gomez's former English teacher and cheer coach, Lupe Avila, said she was "wonderful young woman who had her whole life ahead of her".
Several officers, firefighters and other law enforcement officials from across Southern California were also among the over 500 injured.
"Some of our officers witnessed the gunfire but were not in a position to return fire", the department said in a statement.
An off-duty San Bernardino firefighter was also hurt in the shooting, but that person's condition is now known.
Sgt. Chris Willison said Sheriff Stan Sniff authorized departmental personnel to "liaison" with Las Vegas police to "assist with the investigation in any way we can". A group of seven Los Angeles firefighters were at the concert, according to Los Angeles Fire Chief Ralph Terrazas.
- San Francisco 49ers at Arizona Cardinals - 10/1/17 NFL Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Ranveer Singh's first look as Alauddin Khilji in Padmavati releases
- WhatsApp unveils new emoji
- European Union parliament votes to delay Brexit negotiations
- Puerto Rico Is Getting a Surge of Aid, Governor Says
- Leaked: Nissan Leaf Nismo concept set to debut in Tokyo
- Vaccine Expert Warns of Flu Risk to Elderly
- Why Reliance Jio has restricted voice calls to 300 minutes per day
- Physicist Who Fled Nazis Wins Nobel For Gravity Waves Breakthrough
- Mali team arrives in Mumbai for U-17 World Cup