"We have seen an uptick in donors yesterday", said Martha Osborne with the Kentucky Blood Center.
In times of tragedy, like in Las Vegas and with the recent hurricanes, Coats said blood donations tend to rise, but oftentimes it's before the tragedy happens that they're needed the most.
Queues of people waiting to give blood formed outside many United Blood Services (UBS) centres across the state of Nevada just hours after the attack.
While they've had enough blood to meed the immediate hospital demand, there could still be a need in the future.
Many who were donating their blood Monday said the shooting in Las Vegas that killed dozens and injured hundreds more prompted them to get out and give blood.
She had never given blood until today.
Blood Centers of the Pacific officials said the local blood donation system is part of a multistate system of blood centers that work in tandem to ensure blood is available when and where it's needed most.Читайте также: Andrew Luck (Shoulder) Will Return to Practice This Week
After the tragedy in Las Vegas this weekend, officials with OneBlood want to remind people about the importance of donating.
Witnesses reported between 600 and 1,000 people at various United Blood Services locations.
The Central Coast has already shipped 200 blood products to Las Vegas, Kleman said Monday.
It is important people schedule an appointment soon, according to the Red Cross. Heather Melton is still alive - all credit to her deceased husband, she said. The statement said the Las Vegas hospital's doctors performed about 30 surgeries and that police were still trying to notify relatives of the victims.
The shipment had 50 units of O negative blood and 5 units of O positive blood.
"But I'm proud of how much support the Vegas community has been showing".При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Playtex recalls children's plates and bowls due to choking hazard
- Next Weeks Broker Price Targets For Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:SRPT)
- Defense Secretary Mattis suggests sticking with Iran nuclear deal
- Nigeria vs Zambia: Ighalo speaks on Chipolopolo's mind games
- Endocyte's (ECYT) Hold Rating Reaffirmed at Cowen and Company
- National Blue Ribbon awarded to 13 MI schools
- Mass shooting suspect's father was on FBI Most Wanted List
- Centre slashes excise duty on petrol, diesel by Rs 2 per litre
- GoFundMe for victims, families of Las Vegas shooting tops $2M
- Snapchat to Launch Augmented Reality Art Platform Tomorrow