Earlier, Mr Dhinakaran, along with his supporter, actor Senthil, had been booked for allegedly making defamatory remarks against P Kumar, an AIADMK lawmaker from Tiruchirappalli. Responding to the latest case against him, Dhinakaran alleged that it was filed since his rival Palaniswami "is the police minister". Slamming the sedition charge, Dinakaran called Palaniswami a "police minister".
The state government has already set up an inquiry commission in the matter, led by retired Madras High Court judge Justice A Arumugaswamy. Let them do what they want. "But she will certainly come out on parole", Dinakaran told reporters.
Karnataka Prisons department on Tuesday rejected deposed AIADMK leader V.K. Sasikala's parole application to visit her ailing husband M. Natarajan.
According to reports, the party has barred its members from talking about the death of their leader on December 5, who was admitted to Chennai's Apollo Hospital for over 2 months before that.
Sources say that jail superintendent Somashekar rejected her parole on the grounds that a medical certiicate attested by a gazette officer was not submitted.
Parole was rejected by the jail superintendent citing inadequacies in the application.
"Yesterday, we received an application from Sasikala, urging us to release her on a 15-day parole".
"We have applied for parole for our General Secretary". In Monday's health bulletin, the hospital said that his health condition is said to be critical with worsening liver failure and kidney failure. He has been registered with the Tamil Nadu Organ Sharing (TNOS) waiting list for deceased donor liver transplantation. Liver specialists headed by world renowned liver transplant surgeon Mohamed Rela are overseeing his case.
- Call for Tories to follow Scottish example and ban fracking
- Jimmy Kimmel gets emotional in monologue about his hometown Las Vegas
- Las Vegas mass murderer's Australian partner 'a lovely woman', says step-daughter
- Trump Hails Hurricane Recovery Efforts as He Visits Puerto Rico
- Russian Federation invites Turkmenistan to join oil output cut deal
- Atlanta City Council Passes Marijuana Decriminaliztion Bill Unanimously
- Snyder: Lower flags to half-staff after Las Vegas shooting
- Perfectionists, Instagram Stories' Latest Creative Update Is For You
- As Former CEO Testifies, Equifax Reveals More Breach Victims
- Huawei Honor Holly 4 launched in India: Price, specifications, sale date, etc