Leader of the Opposition in the National Assembly Syed Khurshid Shah said on Saturday that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) had divided the opposition. "Just two months ago, the MQM was a coalition partner of the ruling party", he said.
Kaira expressed disappointment over the media reports, suggesting PPP had struck a deal with the government.
Shjah's criticism of the PTI comes in wake of the party's attempts to collude with the MQM-P for bringing forward its own opposition leader. "Both the opposition parties have united to oust me", he said, adding that it was their democratic right to remove him, but they would be setting a new precedent in the country by doing so.
"I do not know whether MQM-P is "he or she", he further said.
Taking a dig at Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P), Shah said it is beyond his understanding either to count the party as a coalition partner of PML-N or an opposition party.
Mr Qureshi said that Mr Shah should realise the fact that he did not have the numbers to continue as the opposition leader after joining of hands by the MQM and the PTI. He said that the PPP government had appointed Justice (r) Fakrukhdin G. Ebrahim as the chief election commissioner on PTI's advice. However, PTI had suffered a major setback when PML-Q withdrew its support for the move.
"The people that PTI have gone to for votes have also questioned the party's decision", Shah said, adding that PTI leaders talk about democracy but were not willing to accept PPP's majority.
The consensus was reached after a PTI delegation visited the MQM headquarters in Karachi and discussed political affairs of Pakistan, said sources.
In July 2012, during the process of the nomination of the new CEC, the then opposition leader Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan had claimed that he had proposed three names to the government for appointment as the CEC after consultations with the opposition parties, including the PTI.
- Philippines Looks forward Trump's Visit in November
- Sony reveals updated PlayStation VR headset
- Lin-Manuel Miranda bashes Trump on Twitter
- Google scraps free content rule for publishers
- Trump slams Puerto Rico leadership over hurricane response
- Tax reform is an opportunity USA can't afford to miss
- Dhawan, Karthik return for Australia T20Is
- Alvaro Morata's injury is not serious - Chelsea coach Antonio Conte
- [Match Preview] Chelsea v Manchester City
- Apple Launches iPhone Dongle With Charging Port & Headphone Jack