On the seceond play of the second half, Troy's Jordan Chunn ran 74 yards to the LSU 1 then scored on a fourth-and-1 run that gave Troy a 17-0 lead. When LSU took the field, it was freshman Myles Brennan behind center. After another Chunn fumble again, Etling led the Tigers on a long 13-play, 92 yard drive that ended with another TD pass to Moreau to make it 24-21. For what it's worth, Etling has thrown four of his five touchdown passes on the year in his last two games. Sep.
LSU senior QB Danny Etling (undisclosed) completed 17-of-25 passes for 198 yards, two touchdowns and an interception in Saturday's 24-21 loss to Troy.
Troy quarterback Brandon Silvers got the Trojans on the board first with a 1-yard touchdown rush to go up 7-0 at the 13:13 mark of the first quarter.
The 25th-ranked Tigers (3-2) were down 10-0 at halftime against visiting Troy and began the second half without Etling, who was injured on his final pass of the first half. He was not behind center when the Tigers took the field on their opening series of the second half.
LSU moved into Trojan territory early in the fourth quarter, but cornerback Marcus Jones intercepted Brennan at the Troy 28-yard line to halt the march.
LSU's on-side kick was recovered by the Trojans at their 45.
Troy went up by 17 points in the fourth quarter on a 7-yard run and Tiger Stadium cleared out. Troy drove to the LSU 11 before linebacker Donnie Alexander ripped the ball away from Chunn and Michael Divinity Jr. recovered at the LSU 8.
LSU attempted an onside kick that was unsuccessful, and Troy was forced to punt with 22 seconds remaining.
The LSU offense, on the other hand, just barely avoided surpassing the the 2014 Auburn game as the only team since at least 1995 to fail to turn either a third or fourth down conversion throughout the course of an entire game.
- Trump accuses Puerto Ricans of wanting 'everything done for them'
- Jim Carrey accuses late girlfriend's mother and husband with extortion
- Rutgers battles its flaws in No. 11 Ohio State at home
- All foreign flights to Iraq Kurd capital to stop Friday
- Virginia Tech gets rematch after close loss to Clemson
- Were Analysts Bearish Keller Group plc (LON:KLR) This Week?
- A fumbling response to national anthem protests
- Tony Pulis questions Michael Oliver as West Brom are pegged back
- Dropping hints Kim? This Instagram post has a LOT of people talking
- Sears closing store at Fairview Pointe-Claire mall