A hit-and-miss spell with the Bavarians eventually led Guardiola to the Premier League with Manchester City, where, in his second season, the Spaniard's ideas have started to come to fruition in a major way, enabling the Citizens to embark on a run of 8 wins and a draw in their first nine fixtures to start the campaign.
While he has more trophies than his younger rival, Guardiola has always been considered the superior footballing stylist of the pair, the man who "plays the game the right way" (i.e. with lots of pretty diagonal passing).
While taking a bit of a dig at United, the Catalan boss also admitted he is under pressure to deliver at City.
Lineker: "I probably didn't control them". The improvements so far this season are clear for everyone to see, with players more adjusted to his system, but trophies must follow the lovely football on display. "Big clubs like Manchester City, if you don't win, you don't stay".
"I can not deny it is to win titles".
I am so happy to be here.
Inter had been linked with signing the Brazilian before he moved to Manchester City and at the moment there is no chance Inter can see Gabriel Jesus join them: "He is only focused on Manchester City", Simoes said.
"I understand completely when they are unhappy being absent, completely", he told Lineker.
Guardiola added: "Last season was so exciting, it was easy to win, and after look what happened". The Blues dominated many games last season but wastefulness was costly and meant they fell short of challenging for the title.
'I asked for your shirt after the game but you never gave it to me - I never forgave you!'
"In the past, last season, we did not have that. We created a lot and we didn't score goals and that was so tough".
- Apple investigating reports of new Iphone 8 'bursting open'
- Tigers' Andrew Romine plays all nine positions against Twins
- No. 15 Oklahoma State escapes with 41-34 win over Texas Tech
- Jamal Bryant Explains Why He's Calling on Americans to Support Colin Kaepernick
- Illinois National Guard sending more help for hurricane relief in Caribbean
- Trump's pick for Republican senator loses to populist ex-judge
- Texas A&M's Christian Kirk hard to slow down
- Juncker: 'No sufficient progress from now until October unless miracles would happen'
- Trump blasts media coverage of Puerto Rico
- Australia warned to prepare for nuclear attack from Kim Jong