Arsenal were humiliated by Liverpool at the end of August, with Wenger blaming the result on the unsettling effect of the transfer window, and that defeat followed a 1-0 reverse at Stoke.
"We saw that when Tottenham played Swansea at Wembley with Heung-min Son playing left wing-back and Liverpool making six changes against Burnley".
Lacazette will be now hoping to continue his goalscoring form at home against Brighton on Sunday, to help Arsenal get a valuable three points before the global break.
"I put [our improvement] down to the fact that we realised what we produced was not good enough".
'For me the weight of the transfer market was much heavier than the worldwide break.
"It's not that we are bad for just one day". You need to have a united group to do that. "Overall we stayed united and responded on the pitch".
Laurent Koscielny is also a doubt for Arsenal's game against Brighton this Sunday, so here's a look at how Wenger could reshuffle his side for this game and hand Wilshere his first Premier League start of the season.
After victory in the Europa League on Thursday, Arsenal are back in Premier League action with Brighton travelling to the Emirates Stadium. It was a very hard global break as well because you have two weeks to think about everything that happened.
"We worked very hard until the 31st at night and there were not easy decisions to make".
"Mesut Ozil will not be available for Sunday", said Wenger in his pre-match press conference with what he calls a "very short-term" injury. I love football and the way we want to play football. We're all human beings and are not fantastic every day.
"Everyone says "you are never fit" but last season I was fit for the whole season".
- Five Governors, One Lt Governor Appointed by President Kovind: Their Profiles
- All foreign flights to Iraq Kurd capital to stop Friday
- Dropping hints Kim? This Instagram post has a LOT of people talking
- 'Saturday Night Live' and Ryan Gosling give New Orleans a new nickname
- Trump's pick for Republican senator loses to populist ex-judge
- Ex-nat'l figure skating champ earns Olympic spot for S
- Tigers' Andrew Romine plays all nine positions against Twins
- Fernando Alonso says F1 racing at Sepang circuit to be more hard
- Elon Musk's Rocket Travel
- Auburn Blows Mississippi State Out 49-10; Kerryon Johnson Scores 3 TDs