U.S. President Donald Trump said overnight that his country was "totally prepared" for military option on the DPRK, though he said it was not a preferred one, noting that if the U.S. takes the military option, it will be "devastating".
The video made direct threats against USA military assets that are frequently used by the U.S. military in their show of force against North Korea.
South Korea's currency chief said on Wednesday that his top priority is managing risks to the country's financial markets from rising tensions over North Korea, as the won slid to a six-week low.
"The Korean government's determination to safeguard peace is anchored in formidable national defense capabilities".
"We will stand up against reckless provocations with strong punishment", Moon promised in his speech.
North Korea has ramped up its threats against the USA in the form of a propaganda video, which showed North Korean missiles destroying key United States military assets.
Moon said the Republic of Korea's army "must be ready to win", at an event marking the 69th Armed Forces Day, which falls on October 1.
After a war of words broke out between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un last week, North Korea has released a dramatic propaganda video showing its missiles blowing up United States targets.
"The U.S. has pledged to expand the rotational deployment of its strategic assets near the Korean Peninsula", Chung told the political leaders after being asked if there was "any crack" in terms of trust between the security allies.
Strategic assets include bombers, nuclear-powered submarines, and aircraft carriers.
"(The deployment) will begin before the end of this year, and this will help us expand our defence capabilities", Chung was quoted as saying by Yonhap news agency.
Deputy spokesperson Lee Jin-woo told media on Thursday that Washington and Seoul "are in close consultation" over the rotational deployment of USA strategic assets to the Korean peninsula.
China's U.N. Ambassador Liu Jieyi said Beijing wanted the situation "to calm down".
- What Are Analysts Report About Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD)
- Keeping Up on Parkway Life Real Estate Investment Trust (C2PU.SI)'s Technicals
- Malloy vetoes budget he calls unbalanced and unsustainable
- Pulling the Curtain Back on Nuveen Massachusetts Quality Municipal Income Fund (NMT)
- Zacks Investment Research Upgrades First Horizon National Corporation (FHN) to "Buy"
- IPhone 8 Crackling Noise Under Investigation By Apple, What Causes This Problem?
- ME governor orders sheriffs to honor immigration requests
- Iraq Gave Three Days to Kurdistan to Hand Over Control of Airports
- Kim Kardashian finally confirms she's expecting a third child with Kanye West
- Spirit Realty Announces Pricing of Preferred Stock Offering