Guardiola has chopped and changed his front three this season and it is impossible to guess which way he will go with it for any given game. The West London club are now third in the league with 13 points, and a win on Saturday will take them on level with City.
"It's also about character, going to Stamford Bridge against the champions to play our game".
Gundogan recently returned to first-team action after nine months on the sidelines following knee surgery.
However, there may be a temptation to start with Bernardo Silva given the Portugal midfielder's ability to keep hold of the ball. Danny Drinkwater is still out with a calf injury.
The ankle injury that Pedro suffered against Arsenal wasn't as bad as originally feared and the Spanish winger will be available for selection this weekend. He is expecting to return in late October or early November.
The Citizens have looked flawless this season, and manager Pep Guardiola is not the kind of manager who would like to settle for a draw.
Manchester City face their biggest test of the season so far, however, travelling to the home of the champions.
Antonio Conte's side have conceded only one goal across their last four matches, and Guardiola will be wary of what happened at this point a year ago. Chelsea, on the other hand, have an xG total of just 6.3 - the 11th best tally.
According to the Guardian, Mendy will see a knee specialist in Barcelona as Manchester City fear his extended absence.
Eden Hazard scored three times in the two league meetings between these sides last season.
- Trump considers shipping waiver for Puerto Rico aid
- Zacks Investment Research Upgrades First Horizon National Corporation (FHN) to "Buy"
- Zimmer: Sam Bradford will not play vs. Lions
- Netflix to Invest $500 Million in Original Canadian Programming
- EFCC arrests Fayose's finance commissioner, accountant general
- Ron Rivera pledges $50K to Puerto Rico relief
- Cent says Donald Trump offered him $500000 to help presidential campaign
- Encana Corporation (ECA) Upgraded to "Outperform" at Macquarie
- Pulling the Curtain Back on Nuveen Massachusetts Quality Municipal Income Fund (NMT)
- Updates from the Europa League clash at Goodison Park