That's not a bad haul for the 35-year-old, who wanted nothing to do with the beginning of the Bulls' rebuild.
Wade passed up around $8 million in salary to obtain the buyout, according to ESPN.
"I tried to do whatever I could do to help the kid out and so he could be the best player he could be", James said at the Cavaliers' media day.
"I'm happy that we were able to keep him away from everybody else", James said after Wednesday morning's practice. "He brings another playmaker to the team who can get guys involved, and make plays, and also just has a great basketball mind", said James. I'm not going to let one individual, no matter their power, ever use sport as a platform to divide us.
LeBron James on Kyrie Irving trade request " I was ready to give him the keys. Several teams were linked to Wade upon him becoming a free agent including the Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, and San Antonio Spurs.
Dwyane Wade is headed to Cleveland.
James defended professional athletes' right to speak out about politics and said he would continue to do so, despite Trump's criticism.
The peaceful protests that the Cleveland Cavaliers star was referring to took place on Sunday, after President Donald Trump called for the National Football League to "fire or suspend" those who kneel during "The Star-Spangled Banner". James said he had the best off-season of his career. So therefore ain't no invite.
This summer has been filled endless rumors regarding LeBron James' future with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
James said that people who voted for Trump made a mistake and suggested it was related to a lack of education about the issues.
"I'm truly humbled and excited - it was a gratifying three years that we played together but even, like, if my son went to another team and we're playing against each other, I'm not giving him s-t".
The all-star player believes that the country is the greatest in the world and that the people run it, and not just one person.
- Watch fourth India v Australia ODI live on Sky Sports on Thursday
- Reiss Nelson with Arsenal squad in Belarus for BATE Borisov fixture
- Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea Preview, Team News, Line-ups, Betting Tips & Prediction
- Former Broncos Coach Robert 'Red' Miller Dies at 89
- Jose Mourinho sends Man United warning to Henrikh Mkhitaryan
- Reserve Bank keeps OCR at 1.75 per cent
- Majority Of Americans Say Trump Unfit For Office
- South Koreans Preparing For Possible War As Trump-North Korea Tension Grows
- Cardinal fans not happy the Cubs clinched Central title at Busch
- 'Frustrated' Sweden boss wants Mourinho to play Lindelof more