He claimed that the Dallas team was greeted by boos, which it was, but also that it was "the loudest I have ever heard".
Trump on Friday night criticized NFL players who lodge protests during the national anthem.
Each team had players, owners and executives lock arms while standing during the anthem.
Sparks, an African American, also wanted to send a message of unity as she wrote a Bible verse on her left hand that reads: "Speak up for those who can not speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute". Players will stand for Country!
"Cowboys players told the Star-Telegram that a statement had to be made because Trump 'crossed a line".
In fact, POTUS wants so badly to control the players kneeling during the National Anthem, he's starting to write his very own narrative about it!
At Players Sports Pub and Grill in Fair Oaks, it was game-on as the Dallas Cowboys took on the Arizona Cardinals, but many fans don't like how politics is getting more attention than the plays on the field. Before the anthem, Jones and the players and coaches took a knee.
"I think that they are the absolute best advocate for those communities of color that have suffered through some of these injustices".
There had been much speculation prior to the game as to how the Cowboys would deal with the wave of protests which swept National Football League stadiums across the United States since the weekend, particularly given Jones's close relationship with the president. The Cardinals did not kneel but, like the Cowboys, all linked arms.
"You can not have people disrespecting our national anthem, our flag, our country", Trump told reporters as he departed the White House for a trip to Indiana.
- Trump Announces He'll Visit Puerto Rico Next Tuesday
- N.Korea mobilises aircraft in response to USA bombers
- Almost half of abortions worldwide are unsafe, study says
- Former Iowa senator testifies in Menendez trial
- Oil in bull market nears $52 on signs USA stockpiles declined
- OJ Simpson Release Could Happen Monday
- Krewson, O'Toole call for independent investigation into police response to protests
- Broncos' Von Miller admits mistake: 'I killed the game today'
- Khloe Kardashian expecting first baby
- The iPhone 8 is actually meeting sales expectations