Paris Saint-Germain coach Unai Emery believes it reflects well on his team that Europe's traditional powerhouses now see the French club as "enemies" after their unprecedented close-season spending spree.
The 30-year-old has notched nine goals in nine games for PSG this season despite talk of a rift with Neymar. The match starts at 19:45 on 27 September 2017. The runner-up will face a hard draw in the Round of 16, but the spending and might of these two clubs means that they really shouldn't be looking to duck serious competition in the knockout rounds.
According to reports, Everton will hold a meeting to analyze the possibility of launching a bid for PSG star Edinson Cavani. If PSG should earn a penalty against the German giants, who'll take it?! There will be plenty of penalties and both will benefit from that.
The Uruguayan won that battle of wills but failed to score and Emery has since assured he has spoken to both players regarding the issue.
Meanwhile, after sitting out PSG's goalless draw against Montpellier over the weekend, Neymar is expected to lead the line alongside Cavani and Kylian Mbappe when they entertain Bayern Munich on Wednesday night.
"I know our team, they are highly motivated and concentrated for games like this", said the former West Germany striker.
One club will finish top of the group, the other will come in second.
As Arsene Wenger recently said, this match is just another example of how the group stage has become "a routine". Look at the audiences.
Maintaining harmony in the squad will be vital for Emery if they are to go further this time, and Wednesday's game is set to be the first time Neymar and Cavani will have played together since their dispute over who should take a penalty in the recent win over Lyon. They are only third in the table, behind Hoffenheim (14 points) and Borussia Dortmund (16 points).
"I think for him it was very hard to convince players to come here because five years ago it wasn't how it is now".
- The US imposed sanctions against North Korean banks in Russian Federation
- Greek PM congratulates German Chancellor Angela Merkel on election victory
- President Trump: United States Travel Ban Has Been Expanded; Countries Were Added
- Antonio Conte speaks out about Alvaro Morata after Chelsea batter Stoke
- Gas companies agree to meet demand
- Form Morata ready for Atletico
- US commerce secretary outlines China trade priorities
- Analyst's Viewpoints: JC Penney Company Inc (JCP) and Novavax Inc (NVAX)
- Champions League Injuries: Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur Assess Squad Fitness
- Trump Expands Travel Ban To Include North Korea And Venezuela