The 11 season start for "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS averaged almost 17 million viewers, according to early Nielsen ratings. The CBS Entertainment and Warner Bros. Given the nature of Monday's season 11 premiere - Amy said yes to Sheldon's marriage proposal - it's not a stretch that Newhart's Professor Proton would return to potentially help Sheldon through the engagement. He's popped back in a few times over the years, and now he's scheduled to pop into Season 11, in an episode scheduled to air November 2nd.
Besides the return by Newhart, who won his first-ever Emmy for Season 6's "The Proton Resurgence", the as-yet-untitled episode also marks another appearance by Star Trek: The Next Generation's Wil Wheaton as Sheldon's longtime frenemy.
The Big Bang Theory airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on CBS and will move to Thursdays starting November 2 at 8 p.m. ("Big Bang" posted a 10.1, and "Young Sheldon" put up a 9.7.) The Dallas Cowboys' 28-17 win over the Arizona Cardinals was up 63 percent from the comparable game last season between the Falcons and Saints. Television. Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady are series creators. "Young Sheldon" will return in November, when "Big Bang" shifts to Thursdays after CBS concludes airing National Football League games on the night. What did you think of the season premiere?
- North Korea crisis: Mattis says goal "to solve this diplomatically"
- Should You Hold Noble Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NBL)
- Antonio Conte thanks Diego Costa for Chelsea contribution
- Google Celebrates 19 Years of Search With This Interactive Doodle
- Morata: I can still improve
- Eagles sign RB Kenjon Barner to fill Darren Sproles' roster spot
- President Trump chides 'so-called Republicans' on health bill
- Antonio Conte speaks out about Alvaro Morata after Chelsea batter Stoke
- Analyst's Viewpoints: JC Penney Company Inc (JCP) and Novavax Inc (NVAX)
- Jordin Sparks to sing the national anthem at Cards MNF football game