He was up against the lively Griffiths and although the Scotland striker eventually came out on top in that battle with a second-half goal, McCrorie can be pleased with his performance.
They faced a Rangers side that was unbeaten in five matches in all competitions and would do everything to inflict defeat on their bitter rivals.
However, there have been clear signs that the 21-year-old is easy to wind up, which may lead Celtic to try and provoke him, and Caixinha has said the striker must keep his cool in the cauldron atmosphere of the Old Firm.
"There is nothing worse than losing against Celtic, it is a hard one to take", Rangers right back James Tavernier told the team website.
The hosts responded well but Morelos spurned their best opportunity and minutes later goalkeeper Wesley Foderingham was picking the ball out of his net for the second time, Griffiths doubling the advantage after being played through by Patrick Roberts.
"To come into a club like this and score that number of goals in 100 games, it's brilliant", Rodgers said. The Belgian scored five times against The Gers, including a hat-trick in his Old Firm debut, becoming the first player to score a hat-trick in an Old Firm league fixture since 1966.
"It's the second time in a row I've watched this at Ibrox".
The Portuguese coach reacted furiously to an aerial challenge contested by the two players just before half-time in Celtic's 2-0 victory and confronted Brown as the teams left the field at the interval. He drags defenders out of position and really tries to get into the spaces that can hurt them. "Those moments mark the history of the game".
You do have to take your hat off to them because they again demonstrated their character and ability to find a way to win matches.
"But, no, I didn't see anything untoward".
'If I was a player and I had to face Brown or players like him, it would be a different thing.
We started very well but in the final third of the pitch we just didn't make the last pass, which could have put us ahead earlier.
The evidence from Thursday suggests not, but McInnes will demand a vast improvement and he should get it with a valuable away point.
- 3.4 magnitude earthquake detected in North Korea - China Earthquake Networks Center
- Iran says it does not expect United States to leave nuclear deal
- After quakes, Mexico volcano spews vapor and ash
- North Korea threatens of hydrogen bomb test in Pacific Ocean
- Iran pushes back on Trump's United Nations attack
- Russia Threatens to Target US Forces in Syria
- Colin Firth takes Italian citizenship after Brexit decision
- Amazon Affiliate To Buy $27.6 Million Stake In Retailer Shoppers Stop
- At the United Nations, Trump tries to out-bluff 'rocket man'
- Quake detected near North Korea nuclear test zone 'occurred naturally'