Asked if he would shake Costa's hand the next time they meet, Conte replied: "Yeah, I have no problem".
From then on, it was all Stoke in terms of possession, but the home side failed to trouble a chelsea rearguard, that could afford to leave skipper Gary Cahill on the bench.
Morata scored in the first minute of the encounter for Chelsea with a brilliant finish. A deft chip by Fabregas on the edge of the Stoke penalty area saw Azpilicueta chest the ball down to in-running Morata who tapped the ball into the empty net - game well and truly over.
Stoke's initial response was strong and Xherdan Shaqiri should have done better with a free-kick from 20 yards, while Mame Biram Diouf's acrobatic overhead kick narrowly missed the target as the host went into the break two behind.
Soup, nearly snatched one back for then hosts after erratic Chelsea defending allowed the striker ti attempt an audacious overhead kick three minutes from the end of the half.
Stoke have lost more Premier League games (14) and conceded more goals (42) against Chelsea than they have against any other side in the competition. "I can not be too disappointed given the circumstances, we had a good go at it but they had too much quality in the end to take it away from us".
"We started well and scored early".
Despite having won just one of its three league home games, Chelsea has been flawless on the road and stays within three points of the Manchester sides at the top of the table.
Alonso could have had no complaints had he been shown a second yellow, but Conte was not prepared to take any chances with Chelsea due to face Manchester City at Stamford Bridge next Saturday.
"I'm pleased for Eden [Hazard] because in the last game he played very well but I think he played with good intensity, now his injury is overcome", Conte said in his press conference. Spurs withstood a late West Ham comeback to win at the London Stadium 3-2, Watford won at Swansea 2-1, Everton came from behind to defeat Bournemouth 2-1, and Burnley and Huddersfield played out a goalless draw.
- Sushma accuses Pakistan of sponsoring terror
- Third man arrested in relation to London Tube attack
- Iran Tests New Ballistic Missile: State Media
- Hughes Plots Stoke Shocker Against Chelsea Despite Depleted Defence Line
- Tullow to ramp up TEN output after Ghana, Ivory Coast ruling
- "Shape of you" Ed Sheeran became the most listened to on Spotify
- Alvaro Morata, Chelsea Both Thank Fans for Changing Offensive Chant
- Trump lashes out at rally against McCain's GOP bill opposition
- Stevie Wonder 'Takes A Knee For America' During Performance
- Does North Korean H-bomb threat push US closer to war?