A docile pitch to deal with, Indian bowlers hardly troubled the Australians as wrist spinners Kuldeep Yadav (2/75) and Yuzvendra Chahal (1/54) largely remained ineffective.
Finch missed the first two games with a calf complaint as Australia slumped to 2-0 down in the five-match series making victory in Indore crucial to their hopes of winning the series.
After reaching his landmark, Finch launched two further sixes off Kuldeep Yadav as India struggled to contain the flow of runs.
On the other hand, changes Australia will adopt for the third ODI are still unclear, as they have picked their best playing eleven for the first two games.
India are now playing some wonderful cricket, and Men in Blue captain Virat Kohli deserves special credit for leading his team from the front. Aaron Finch return is a big boost to the Australian batting line-up, which is dependent on Captain Steve Smith and David Warner.
Finch replaced makeshift opener Hilton Cartwright who was bowled for one in the first two matches of the series. The pace attack of Nathan Coulter-Nile, Pat Cummins and Kane Richardson has been the only positive for them so far in the series. Steven Smith will be demonstrating his skill at the India vs Australia match today.
IST: On the other hand, India are now on an eight-match winning run, and hold an upper hand at Indore, where the men-in-blue have a 100 percent winning record (won all four of their matches so far). The captain who wins the toss will not have any hesitation to bat first, and they will be trying to put up a decent total on the board.
The scores of the match are like following, 35, 5, 8, 2, 9 and 2.
The fourth ODI will be played in Bangalore on Thursday.
IST: On a 10-match overseas losing streak, the Steve Smith-led side will have their task cut out and face a must-win situation to have a chance at the trophy.
The hosts have their bowling combination working superbly for them.
Australia's plight could easily be gauged from the fact that eight of their batsmen could not touch double-digit scores in Chennai, while only four of them could score more than 10 runs in Kolkata.
- Sam Bradford only has a bone bruise in his left knee
- Seismic activity detected near North Korean nuclear site
- In 1st game since Trump's remarks, Jaguars players lock arms during anthem
- South Korea says quake in North Korea was not result of blast
- Manchester United's Ander Herrera says rivals City under pressure to win title
- EPL Review: Manchester City retain top spot with big win
- Third man arrested in relation to London Tube attack
- Stevie Wonder 'Takes A Knee For America' During Performance
- Notable stats from the Premier League weekend - Week 5
- Marc Anthony pleads for help for Puerto Rico after Maria