Colin Firth has always been viewed as the typical English gentleman with his "dashing" British accent and sophisticated mannerisms, but the star thinks the stereotype doesn't exist except in the fantasy world of cinema and TV.
Actor Colin Firth is now an official Italian national after having been granted dual citizenship.
Firth, who is married to environmentalist Livia Giuggioli, says he has become a dual citizen and that his wife is applying for British nationality.
Home Office figures this week revealed that applications for British citizenship from Germans, French, Italians, and other countries which comprised the 14 original countries in the European Union have more than trebled since the year before the referendum.
Ironically, his new citizenship was first announced by Rome on Friday, just hours after Theresa May had taken the stage in Florence to assure Britain's 600,000 Italians that their place here was safe.
The couple live with their two sons - Luca, 16, and Matteo, 13 - in Chiswick, West London, but also have a holiday home in the Umbria region of Italy.
"My wife and I are both extremely proud of our own countries".Читайте также: Rouhani refers to Trump as 'rogue newcomer' over nuke deal
"I will always be extremely British (you only have to look at or listen to me)", he said.
'Britain is our home and we love it here.
He also confirmed that he would remained based and working in the United Kingdom, despite the news.
"Colin applied for dual citizenship [British and Italian] in order to have the same passports as his wife and children", the agent said.
"The celebrated actor, who received an Oscar for his work in the film 'The King's Speech, ' has married a citizen of our nation and has repeatedly expressed his love for our country", it said in a statement.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- 3.4 magnitude earthquake detected in North Korea - China Earthquake Networks Center
- North Korea may test hydrogen bomb in Pacific
- The United States just unveiled major new sanctions against North Korea
- Stoke 0-4 Chelsea highlights
- Big four banks scrap ATM fees
- Iran nuclear deal cannot be renegotiated: Rouhani
- Man United announces $787 million record revenue for 2016/17
- Iran says it does not expect United States to leave nuclear deal
- Earthquake In North Korea Sets Off Alarm And Speculation
- Iran pushes back on Trump's United Nations attack