Chelsea: Courtois (8), Azpilicueta (8), Rudiger (7), Christensen (7), Moses (7), Kante (7), Bakayoko (8), Alonso (6), Willian (7), Pedro (8), Morata (9).
Stoke were faced with a defensive shortage without injured duo Ryan Shawcross and Kevin Wimmer, while on-loan defender Kurt Zouma was ineligible to play against his parent club. When the game became stretched, Fabregas was able to pick out pockets of space for Hazard and co.to move into and this created abundance of goal scoring opportunities. A clash in the Diouf and he went down holding his face despite there being no contact.
His predatory instincts were on display when completed his hat-trick by finishing off a handsome team move in which Azpilicueta set Morata up for the fourth time this season by chesting the ball into his fellow Spaniard's path, thus leaving the No.9 with a tap-in.
Tammy Abraham, the player who spurned Nigeria's advances this week, scored his second league goal of the season for Swansea who lost 2-1 to Watford that had Isaac Success on the bench for the whole encounter.
"It was very hard to win here but we deserved to win the game. I can not be too disappointed given the circumstances, we had a good go at it but they had too much quality in the end to take it away from us". Defensive errors took it away from us.
Antonio Conte: "It's normal to come here and suffer".
After his hat-trick against Stoke this afternoon, Morata has now scored six goals in his opening six games under Antonio Conte, a record that has proved the doubters wrong.
Chelsea, who made a number of changes ahead of Wednesday's Champions League trip to Atletico, looks solid enough without getting out of third gear and Morata was the star man.
"We deserved to win the game".
While Morata is quickly cementing a standing as the new darling of Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have sanctioned the sale of Costa to Atletico Madrid and he will embark on a second spell with the La Liga giants from January.
"Morata is already a really good striker but I think he can improve a lot", the Italian stated.
Many people doubted his credentials after he left Real Madrid for Chelsea this summer.
- Trump lashes out at rally against McCain's GOP bill opposition
- China warns of 'complicated' situation on Korean Peninsula
- Strong 6.2 magnitude quake shakes central Mexico
- Sushma accuses Pakistan of sponsoring terror
- Manchester United's Ander Herrera says rivals City under pressure to win title
- South Korea says quake in North Korea was not result of blast
- No new injuries for United - Mourinho
- India fights poverty, Pakistan fights us, Sushma Swaraj tells UN
- Seismic activity detected near North Korean nuclear site
- MI loses starting quarterback with undisclosed injury