The 6-foot-5, 169-pounder is making his first career start on Saturday against North Carolina State.
No. 12 FSU (0-1) hasn't played a game since September 2 due to Hurricane Irma and the storm's aftermath.
Florida State had to cancel a home game against Louisiana-Monroe in Week 2, which would have been the ideal time to break in new starting quarterback James Blackman. A heavy dosage of Jacques Patrick and Cam Akers should take defenders out of coverage and lead to more open receivers for Blackman to throw to.
That left N.C. State as Florida State's next opponent on the schedule, and history - recent or otherwise - is on the Seminoles' side. If all went well, Miami and Florida State could pick up their season against one another the following week in Week 3.
North Carolina State Wins If......
Playing at home and coming off the long storm delays, the Seminoles are an 11-point favorite even though State's defense has its share of National Football League prospects, heavy hitters and frontline experience.
According to Jim Henry of the Tallahassee Democrat, Leonard has been selected to carry the American flag onto the field as part of Florida State's Military Appreciation weekend. Given the holes Alabama exposed with Florida State's offensive line, Florida State's first game back is not easy.
On defense, now is the time for the Wolfpack to get as creative as possible.
Florida looks even better than last year's strong team as they sit at number one in the VolleyMob Top 25 for the third consecutive week. Blackman will become the first FSU true freshman to start a game under center since Chip Ferguson in 1985. However, the extra week and a half of preparation the Seminoles received due to Irma should calm some of Blackman's nerves.
- Tom Cruise Blamed In Part For Plane Crash That Left Two Dead
- The Kardashians's Store Was Allegedly Held Up at Gun Point
- Nebraska fires AD Eichorst after loss to No
- Drink too much? Lyft and Budweiser will drive you home for free
- 'Vicious' Sanctions Will Only Speed Up Nuclear Program: North Korea
- Halloween decorations lead to 911 calls
- Waymo Wants Uber to Cough Up $2.6 Billion for 'Stolen' Trade Secrets
- China raises bullet train speed limit back to 350 kph
- Plains All American Pipeline LP (NYSE:PAA) Institutional Investors Quarterly Sentiment
- Upcoming Winter Olympics medals revealed