The United States had been leading efforts to punish the regime for its repeated missile launches this year, which Pyongyang says are part of an effort to develop an intercontinental ballistic missile aimed at reaching the USA mainland.
Moscow can't allow the USA or other countries to provoke North Korea into a military conflict as that could mean the use of weapons of mass destruction near Russian borders, the head of the upper house Committee for International Relations says.
The mandate came after North Korea successfully fired a Hwasong-12 intermediate-range ballistic missile over Japan at the beginning of September, in defiance of existing sanctions.
However, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has previously said diplomacy and dialogue will not work with Pyongyang, calling for the entire global community to apply more pressure.
US President Donald Trump, who was was due to address the United Nations in New York Tuesday, spoke by phone to his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping Monday, with the White House saying the two men were committed to "maximising pressure on North Korea".
"Mexico took an ignorant measure to declare an ambassador of a revolutionary regime from an independent country as persona non grata", he said in a statement to the Mexican press, as reported by the specialist website NK News.
- Kuwait said it has ordered North Korean ambassador So Chang Sik and four other diplomats to leave within a month as the country downgraded diplomatic relations with Pyongyang. "I condemned and totally rejected the U.N. Security Council's sanctions resolution as an infringement on our independence".
- Manila's foreign ministry said it had suspended trade relations with North Korea to comply with U.N. Security Council resolutions over the North's repeated missile tests.
He also noted that North Korean leadership will do anything to protect itself from external threats and because of that, work on the nuclear program would not stop while the United States and its allies allow the scenario of foreign intervention and forceful displacement on Pyongyang regime. He had been in Lima since the end of 2013. "There is no other way to resolve the North Korean nuclear issue, save that of peaceful dialogue".
- The iPhone X may be very hard to buy until 2018
- Taron Egerton in Final 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer
- Bitcoin-Lite: India Discusses Issuing Central Bank-Backed Cryptocurrency
- Here are the features Google Assistant might be getting soon
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Rating Reiterated by Needham & Company LLC
- Turnbull Confirms Failed SSM Vote Will Mean No Marriage Equality For Years
- Hillary Clinton refuses to rule out challenging legitimacy of Trump's election win
- Jersey shore facing rough surf, coastal flooding from Jose
- Dylann Roof Wants To Fire His Lawyers Because They Are Not White
- United Nations has not met full potential 'because of bureaucracy and mismanagement'