In the end, victory came rather more easily than it did when these sides last met in the format, in the World Twenty20 final at Kolkata past year.
Windies total was based on an electric start from Chris Gayle and Lewis who scored 72 in the six over Powerplay, hitting seven fours and six sixes, one of which saw Gayle became the first man to a hundred sixes in T20I cricket.
A lovely full swing of the bat launched the ball straight or over mid-wicket.
Set a gettable 177, Morgan's side got off to the worst-possible start when Jason Roy timed Jerome Taylor's first ball to backward point - not the statement he wanted as he seeks to regain his 50-over place.
As the captain and bowler of some incisive overs, Carlos Brathwaite again pulled the strings, capturing three wickets including the unsafe Alex Hales and...
Brathwaite caught England Test skipper Joe Root (17) on the drive off Ashley Nurse.
"That's more important, I'm looking forward to that".
"This was probably more challenging; the conditions were hard to deal with and I think the umpires were close to calling it off, but I was pleased with the boys". Three spectators were injured when flooring on a stand gave way.
"We played West Indies in March and Ben bowled at Carlos.he got him out in the last game". Now captain, Brathwaite encouraged his players to play freely and express themselves while he was speaking at the match venue on the eve of the game.
Gayle smashed 40 off 21 balls before his languid running cost him his wicket inexplicably as he was run out by Jason Roy.
And some fine death bowling at the back end of the innings helped dismiss England for 155 and deny Morgan's side revenge after their defeat in the World T20 final 18 months ago at Eden Gardens.
Plunkett continued to check the Windies' progress by removing Lewis, Marlon Samuels and Kieron Pollard in his final two overs, while his Yorkshire team-mate Rashid followed suit in claiming three scalps as the tourists somewhat limped through to 176-9 from the remainder of their allocation.
- Trump Retweets Gif of Him Hitting Golf Ball Into Clinton's Back
- Barry set to equal Premier League appearance record
- Liverpool fans are fuming with Jurgen Klopp after Liverpool 1-1 Burnley
- WAFU Cup: Eagles have to go for a win against Ghana - Yusuf
- Davis Cup: Bopanna-Raja lose as Canada surge ahead
- Cardinals' John Brown, Mike Iupati out vs. Colts
- What the Chart Means for Halliburton Company
- 7 killed in remote-controlled explosion in Bajaur Agency
- Hazard, Sanchez Set to Start as Chelsea Host Arsenal in London Derby
- Macquarie Begins Coverage on United States Steel Corporation (X)