London police say they are "chasing down suspects" in their investigation to determine who is responsible for the rush-hour bomb attack on a city subway. "At present we are aware of a number of people who have suffered injuries", the police said in a statement.
Twenty-nine people have been treated in hospitals, mostly for burns, though at least eight have now been discharged.
The London Ambulance Service said none of the victims "are thought to be in a serious or life-threatening condition".
Last year Damon Smith, a student, left a knapsack filled with explosives and ball bearings on a London subway train.
London's Metropolitan Police Force, known as the Met or Scotland Yard, announced two hours after the incident that they were declaring the train explosion as a terrorist attack.
"I also saw people injured obviously from having been stampeded on the platform because we were all running", she said. Wires can be seen sticking out of the bucket.
The perpetrators were killed at the scene in all of the attacks.
British Foreign Secretary and former London mayor Boris Johnson appealed for calm.
Trump followed minutes later with more tweets that talked about the fight against terrorism and his administration's efforts to do so. He added that the terrorists "were in the sights of Scotland Yard", adding that "loser terrorists must be dealt with in a much tougher manner".
- Dreamers are Americans, just like the rest of us
- Governor Deal surveying Irma's damage in GA
- GOP speaker says Trump didn't cut deal with Dems
- Hurricane Jose is taking slow, looping path
- Arkansas' Governor, Hutchinson, Proclaims Sept. 15 as POW MIA Recognition Day
- Legislators hurry to pass nursing home laws after Irma deaths
- Star Wars 8 leaks: Rey's Force connection revealed? It's a 'SHOCKING twist'
- Connecticut Senate passes Republican-backed budget
- Some Virgin Islands residents feel 'forgotten' by US
- Trump calls May after London terror attack; pledges support