Australia are now third on the Rugby Championship standings following a draw and two defeats while Argentina are yet to register a point after two defeats to South Africa and another loss to New Zealand.
The Australians trailed at halftime in the Canberra match but posted a 45-20 win on the back of four second-half tries, with fullback Israel Folau finishing the match with a double.
Michael Cheika was delighted with the improvement after the break, even more so because it was inspired by the players themselves rather than a halftime talk from the Wallabies coach.
"They didn't try to hide from the lack of intensity and urgency and they needed to pick it up and own it and they did that in the second half".
Folau's first try came after the Wallabies moved the ball quickly from one side of the field to another before flyhalf Bernard Foley found Folau on the fly.
The Wallabies hit the front in the 49th minute with prop Sekope Kepu rumbling across the line.
Foley had a big game, kicking at 100 percent to contribute 15 points and also pulling off a try-saving tackle in the second half.
The Pumas dominated territory and possession in the first half and scored the opening try in the 23rd minute after 14 phases.
ARGENTINA: Emiliano Boffelli, Matias Moroni, Matias Orlando, Jeronimo de la Fuente, Ramiro Moyano, Nicolas Sanchez, Martin Landajo, Tomas Lezana, Javier Ortega Desio, Pablo Matera, Matias Alemanno, Guido Petti, Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Agustin Creevy (capt), Lucas Noguera.
"They will see that last week in the first half that wasn't a strong area of ours but we improved in the second half but they will try to take us there".
Experienced lock Rob Simmons was the only change made Thursday to the Wallabies starting team for this weekend's Rugby Championship Test against Argentina, with winger Marika Koroibete set to make his debut.
Scrumhalf Genia cut through the defence to score in the 72nd minute, a searing touchline run and offload from number eight Sean McMahon gifted replacement Phipps his try and rookie hooker Uelese barged over for his maiden test try after the hooter.
- I don't flog my Man Utd players in public, says Mourinho
- GOM on GST Network to resolve 80% IT issues by 30 Oct
- Jose returns to hurricane strength
- Amidst reports of Arjan Singh's death, govt says he is critical
- Standpoint Research Downgrades General Motors Company (GM) to Hold
- Getafe 1 Barcelona 2: Paulinho snatches victory but Dembele suffers injury scare
- Ricciardo to consider leaving Red Bull after 2018
- Modi to dedicate Sardar Sarovar Dam to the nation on his birthday
- JP Duminy, South Africa All-Rounder, Announces Retirement From Test Cricket
- Storm Jose strengthens into hurricane: NHC