"Farther north along the US east coast, it is too soon to determine if any other direct impacts from Jose will occur", National Hurricane Center spokesperson Dennis Feltgen said. This tropical depression is moving to the West northwest at 10 miles per hour, and will strengthen into to Tropical Storm Lee by late Friday or early Saturday at the latest.
Jose is expected to become a fairly large circulation and should move generally northward and remain a hurricane through the weekend.
Meanwhile, a new tropical depression has formed far out over the Atlantic and is expected to become a tropical storm.
The National Hurricane Center issued a warning about possible life threatening rip currents along the East Coast on Thursday.
By the way, the last storm named "Lee" was a tropical storm that impacted Acadiana during the Labor Day weekend of 2011. Its the time of year when conditions are the most conducive for the development of a tropical system.
Jose is a compact tropical storm with current winds around 70 miles per hour. The latest forecast tracks suggest it will moved north, paralleling the East Coast before nearing land in the vicinity of MA on Wednesday.
The National Hurricane Center has encouraged East Coast residents from North Carolina on up to monitor the storm's progress. High temperatures will be around 80 to 85 degrees each afternoon, a solid 5 to 10 degrees above our average mid-September high of 75 degrees.
Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 35 miles (55 km) from the centre and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 140 miles (220 km). Little change in strength is forecast over the next couple of days.
- Clinton: Comey 'a reliable witness' for Russian Federation probe
- Modi to dedicate Sardar Sarovar Dam to the nation on his birthday
- Fire breaks out at RK Studio, 6 fire tenders at spot
- Egypt court sentences 7 IS affiliates to death
- Trump's dinner with democrats ends with no agreement on issues
- All Blacks onslaught overwhelms Springboks in Rugby Championship Test at Albany
- Suu Kyi working to get aid to Rohingya: US Senate leader McConnell
- Hillary: Trump Poses 'A Clear and Present Danger' - 'Admires Authoritarians'
- I don't flog my Man Utd players in public, says Mourinho
- Pakistan receives India's pleadings to ICJ in spy Jadhav's case