The 69th annual Primetime Emmy Awards will take place this Sunday, September 17, at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, and we're already at the edge of our seats.
Wood plays Dolores, an artificially intelligent "host" programmed to be a sort of damsel in distress for guests at the Abernathy ranch. Transparent, Big Little Lies, The Handmaid's Tale and This is Us are considered to be the front-runners in major categories.
Wood was also nominated for an Emmy and Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress in 2011 for her part in the HBO movie "Mildred Pierce". When a first-time nominee seemingly comes out of nowhere to win, as Rami Malek of "Mr. Robot" and Louie Anderson of "Baskets" did a year ago, it can cast a spell over the night. It also makes Malek the first Egyptian-American to win an Emmy acting award.
There's added intrigue this year because there will definitely be a new victor in the biggest award of the evening, Outstanding Drama Series.
If bookmakers and awards experts are correct and the Australian does claim at least one Emmy, Kidman, no stranger to the stage, will just need a Tony Award to join an elite group of actors.
Jacobson won as a writer and co-executive producer on the Fox animated series "Bob's Burgers", which won for Outstanding Animated Series. "LA 92" won the award for Exceptional Merit in Documentary Film Making. "CBS Sunday Morning's" Tracy Smith spoke with the comedian about Trump, comedy and hosting the popular awards show.
Remember that extra-long "Game of Thrones" break between seasons six and seven, those boring months when you started biting your nails and took up fidget-spinning? There's a replay at 10:30.
- Judge Allows Rape Convict To Play Football
- House Republicans Pass Wide-Reaching Anti-Immigrant Bill, With DACA Negotiations Ongoing
- MI teacher assaults student for not standing during pledge
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Co. Trims Holdings in Pepsico, Inc. (PEP)
- IPhone X's Face ID Will Only Allow One Face to Be Registered
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) Rating Reiterated by Credit Suisse Group
- Traders Secrets on Alaska Air Group, Inc. (ALK), Ambarella, Inc. (AMBA)
- Clay Travis got kicked off CNN for repeatedly talking about boobs
- ExpensiveWall: Banking Trojan targets Android users with fake SMS messages
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend slam split rumors on anniversary