Walking along a street in Naples Estates with his wife, Melania, the president encountered piles of soggy furniture heaped on front porches, and residents who were happy to get a presidential visit.
Before the hurricane smashed into the U.S. mainland over the weekend, it struck northern Caribbean islands, leaving at least 44 people dead, authorities said. It will be some time before many residents are allowed back in to see what is left of their property. "Which is why I don't understand why his hands are the size of someone who's 5-2", Rubio said to a cheering crowd.
To Trump, the wall may not come in this potential deal, but he said an "understanding" about the wall in the future was paramount to getting a deal done.
British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson was visiting the British Virgin Islands and Anguilla on Wednesday and pledged "absolute commitment" to Britons there. "They were hit about as hard as I've ever seen". Scott Pruitt, director of the Environmental Protection Agency, said before Hurricane Irma that addressing climate change would be "very, very insensitive to the people in Florida". I think especially in light of the advent of Antifa, if you look at what's going on there. "So I hope he runs for the Senate" against incumbent Bill Nelson, Trump said.
Florida Keys resident William Rose told CNN he hasn't heard from his family since Sunday morning.
Power outages affected over 5 million homes, organizations, and businesses in Florida - including gas stations, which need the electricity to keep pumps working.
Visiting Texas a few days after Trump, Pence took a more active approach, clearing downed tree branches in a sweat-soaked shirt and leading a prayer circle at a damaged church. Trump defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton in Florida past year by about 1 percentage point.
Today, AP employs the latest technology to collect and distribute content - we have daily uploads covering the latest and breaking news in the world of politics, sport and entertainment.
"We've had bigger storms", the president said aboard Air Force One as he returned to Washington after meeting with Irma victims in Florida.
The trip will be Trump's third related to hurricane response in just over two weeks.
Check back for more details on Trump's visit to the area. He toured a Houston shelter housing hundreds of displaced people and walked streets lined with soggy, discarded possessions.
- Google Reveal New Pixel Phones On Oct 5th
- Cassini still sending data in final dive
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (GS) And Insider Trading Activity
- Unbiased Equity Research: Camden Property Trust (CPT), TerraForm Global, Inc. (GLBL)
- Firing Comey is the worst mistake in "modern political history" - Bannon
- President Trump lands in Fort Myers to tour Hurricane Irma damage
- President Trump to Visit Irma-Battered Florida Thursday
- Helmerich & Payne, Inc. (NYSE:HP) Closed Over Its 50 Day Average
- Chris Christie accuses Steve Bannon of lying about him
- What Next for Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO) Stock After Today's Big Increase?