This announcement comes a week after Disney fired "Episode IX" director Colin Trevorrow, who was allegedly fired for clashing with producer Kennedy, one of the higher executives of Lucasfilm, The Atlantic reported. Charles Soule, Mark Waid and Kieron Gillen in particular are all building something special at Marvel's House of Ideas, and with The Last Jedi fast approaching, there's no time like the present to start acquainting yourself with the very best in Star Wars literature.
It was speculated that Johnson was considered right up until the last moment, as he was the obvious choice. His appearance in the upcoming "Star Wars" movie will continue this streak. During a fan event in Tokyo last week, Johnson addressed the supposed rumors of him directing #StarWars9.
He explained that he was entirely focused doing "The Force Awakens" follow-up. "Now I'm just thinking about putting the movie out there and seeing how audiences respond to it". "Whoever does it, I'm going to be really excited to be an audience member again, and to sit down and see what the next filmmaker has to show us and where this story ends up going".
"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" will hit the theaters on December 15 in the U.S.
Star Wars fans are an easily excitable bunch who regularly devour any interesting image or character that debuts in a teaser, ranging from Darth Maul back in 1999's Phantom Menace to Captain Phasma in The Force Awakens. Writer/director Rian Johnson took to Twitter to shed more information on the creatures.
- Dow strikes record high as broader market weakens
- FDA allows marketing of Reset mobile app for addiction treatment
- EOG Resources, Stake Acquired By Commerce Bank
- Wireless Charging AirPods Case to Ship in December?
- Florida evacuee wins $10000 lottery in North Carolina
- XI beat Pakistan by 7 wickets in 2nd T-20
- Will Germany's Angela Merkel win fourth term?
- Harrison Ford comments on a potential return to the Star Wars saga
- Nokia 2 press shots leak online
- South London soul singer Sampha wins 2017 Mercury Prize