Formula One has confirmed the Singapore Grand Prix will remain on the calendar for at least a further four years.
With this year being the tenth straight F1 Night Race in Singapore, it has been a landmark event in the country every year - with its races, parties and grand music performances.
The Singapore Grand Prix, whose 10th edition is on Sunday, has quickly become one of Formula One's best known races and is often compared to Monaco's classic street grand prix. "We know it's one of the challenges of the year".
F1 CEO and chairman Chase Carey was joined by S. Iswaran, Singapore's minister for trade and industry, Mr Ong Beng Seng, Singapore GP Pte Ltd, and Mr Lionel Yeo, chief executive for the Singapore Tourism Board to announce the deal that will run for a further four years.
In 2015, the average was 87,000 and the highest was 100,000 in 2008 when the first Singapore Grand Prix was hosted.
"Over the years, the Singapore event has distinguished itself as one that is not just about the competition, but one complemented by a strong line-up of concerts, entertainment and lifestyle offerings both within the circuit park and throughout the city".
Ticket sales fell a year ago to around 73,000 for each of the three days of the race weekend.
"The Singapore race is clearly a signature race.it's also our gateway into Asia which is important for our future and our growth", Carey said today.
"It looks cool from the outside to see the cars at night, it's a cool race, it's a big city, so it's fun to drive".
- BSF jawan killed in Pak firing along Jammu border
- Corea del Norte lanza otro misil hacia Japón
- Cardinals' Carson Palmer: Offense will change 'drastically' moving forward
- Apple iPhone X hands-on review
- Simran movie review: A Kangana Ranaut show all the way
- Knife-wielding man attacks Paris soldier
- Post-Harvey aerial mosquito spraying set for Thursday night
- Trump tours Irma damage in Florida, thanks first responders
- Jean-Claude Juncker Supports Croatia's Entry into Schengen
- Facebook is testing a snooze feature that temporarily mutes your friends