Promoter Frank Warren put his hands on Stevie's shoulders and Monroe ruffled his hair, prompting the boy to hit Monroe and then aim a kick at him.
A security guard and a member of Monroe's entourage eventually separated the cheeky youngster while Saunders ignored the entire incident.
Billy Joe Saunders' son certainly isn't afraid of a scrap...
Saunders, who is defending his WBO title, took to Twitter to defend his son, who might be learning some of his defense tactics from dad.
28-year-0ld English traveller Saunders is looking to defend the belt he took from Ireland Andy Lee in December 2015 for only the second time.
A native of Hertfordshire, England, Saunders possesses the only one of four recognized middleweight titles not now owned by Gennady Golovkin, who will face Canelo Alvarez in Saturday's pay-per-view bout.
"It's the only way the victor of the Golovkin-Canelo fight can unify the titles, and that's the logical fight", Warren said, via BBC. The bout will be streamed live on Banner Promotions' YouTube page (5:30 p.m. ET).
- Haseena Parkar's new song 'Piya Aa' released!
- Analyst Opinion Summary: NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA), Domino's Pizza, Inc. (DPZ)
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola admits Brahim Diaz could make move
- Listen, old men really do have big ears
- Colorado's ultra-low unemployment rate didn't budge in August
- Sam Smith reveals he came out at 10 years old
- Watch! Whoopi Goldberg Celebrates Sister Act's 25th Anniversary with Cast Reunion
- Destiny 2 Xur location and items, September 15-19
- Sensex ends in green, North Korea's latest missile test casts its shadow
- NFL Wants Ezekiel Elliott Appeal Put On Fast Track