When the match resumed, it was Arsenal who picked up an impressive win despite going one down initially.
"I have to see how he [Sanchez] recovers an decide afterwards with all the players but he will be with us at Chelsea". "It's kind of annoying, you want to find out if you actually play or not".
Like numerous players, Mertesacker's first concern was for his family, with some suggestion from team-mates that they should have stayed at home, but he was pleased to know they were ok and that the game could eventually proceed. "I think we need to focus on our performance and play our game". "But I must say our supporters as well dealt well with the situation as well and there was no aggravation". "I hope everything goes well after the game". "I'm the coach, my job is the team, my job is football not the fans". I couldn't understand that. "In the first half they showed more aggression, more passion, and that's really painful because in my opinion it starts with that and then you need quality with the ball", Koeman told BT Sport. "Don't know if it was because Arsenal fans had decided not to come in the first place, or chose to go home once they got here".
"They (Cologne fans) were very clever".
"Inside the stadium it became apparent that Cologne fans were getting into an Arsenal section behind the goal at the south end of the stadium".
"No red memberships purchased after the draw were able to be used to get tickets in the home end for this match", Arsenal said.
Cologne goalkeeper Timo Horn said fans who misbehaved had "brought shame on the club" and club legend Bodo Illgner, a World Cup-winning goalkeeper with Germany in 1990, also criticised the small minority of fans who misbehaved.
An estimated 20,000 Cologne fans came to London ahead of the match. Many tickets were sold through touts and this is very disappointing. Eventually everyone made sure that we can continue. "Sanchez played very deep in the first half and when he had more support on the flanks from Kolasinac he became more unsafe".
- Haseena Parkar's new song 'Piya Aa' released!
- Singtel offers 'unlimited' mobile plans with a catch
- Arsenal manager Wenger praises 'exceptional' Alexis
- Corey Oates Knocked Out After Sickening Collision
- Schlumberger NV (NYSE:SLB) has industry P/E ratio of 12.56
- Theresa May 'frustrated' over Hurricane Irma relief rules
- It's high time the Electoral College must be abolished — Clinton
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola admits Brahim Diaz could make move
- Niall Horan Announces Major News About His Solo Album
- Major disruption on trains into London Euston after fire